customer does like to close return request even he like to keep the item.

I just found a customer who open return request at first and I accepted, however, several days later he change mind and want to keep the item, but he does not like to close the return request,

What should i do?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

so you have asked him to close it and he has refused to do so?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I think it closes automatically after something like 10 days if no action is taken.

With no defect to the seller if I remember correctly.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I had a similar case.  Buyer claimed item was a different colour to their original purchase - I pointed out they did in fact buy a different colour item the first time.  Offered a refund but then they said return postage was too much and decided to keep the item. 

I thought that was it, but then EBay (USA) closed the case in the buyers favour an a scored a defect and knocked my seller rating for a six!

Appealed the case but Ebay said they merely look at the original reason to open the case, not subsequent events.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have the same thing a customer opened a return request and will not reply to any of the questions i have asked. I requested help from e-bay and got told if the customer will not respond to your request or return item them after 36 business days the request is closed and not afect your rating the only thing is the funds are in limbo untill the 36 days are up.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply