delaying payment to 1 nov

an o/seas buyer purchased a buy it now item on 22/10.  so far no contact at all & no payment.  if they delay ther payment to 1 nov are they covered by the 180 day guarantee.....as in I'm expecting if they pay they may pay then and perhaps anticipate a scam.  this is of course thinking the absolute worst but wondering if even though its purchase prior to the changeover whether they'd be legible?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I guess not all buyers are wonderful like my one yesterday I got a message from. She messaged me (using the 'other' option) to say her item had a big crack through it. I can only assume it happened in transit as I would have noticed it before I sent it. I checked the photos and couldn't see any cracks.

She wanted to see what my reply was before leaving feedback. I immediately replied, apologised profusely, offered her a replacement or a full refund. I mentioned nothing about returning it. She replied back thanking me for being so considerate, opted for the refund and asked for my address to return it, which I provided.

It had been sent 'free postage', but I didn't feel right about her forking out the $1.40 to send it back, so instead of using the refund button in PayPal (and probably getting a defect), I sent a 'family and friends' payment and added extra to cover the return postage and any fees she may get hit with from PayPal. I sent her a message and told her that's what I'd done and what the extra was for.

If she thanked me once, she thanked me 20 times. This morning I discovered she had left feedback. I reluctantly clicked on my feedback number.......glowing positive! She also left 5 stars for all but item as described, which she left 4. I had no problems at all that she left me a 4, I was expecting them to get trashed.

If only all buyers were so good! I think we are going to encounter plenty of not so good after the new rules come in.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

I'm pretty sure any listings after Nov 1 will need the update to link from PayPal to bank acc details to allow eBay to take refunds if PayPal acc has no $ in it.Had to do that with my buying acc to list on it 2 weeks ago.

If eBay determine to refund a buyer and that the seller needs to pay for it, they will either debit the PayPal account, or add it to the seller's fees (which, if remain unpaid, will result in the account being suspended, so the choices regarding refunds etc are pretty limited). 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

So they have to use those options already to avoid a seller defect? Lucky you got a considerate buyer.I've not had any refund or return issues ever so i don't know how it goes under any rule or the usual order of things.

I've only had 1 problem which i posted about with the lower sash tie missing on the Leona E dress that i posted a question about a while ago.Everything she said was snappy & sounded like a scammer,asking to be refunded to bank acc & wouldn't email a pic etc.I channeled digi ghost(thank you soooo much for your calm logical brain, digi) in handling her & she changed her tune & all went well.She even thanked me for "my patience during her disappointed phase".Patience isn't my strongest point so i was pleased to be rewarded for being logical & calm Smiley Happy

BTW i found the missing sash in a bush near the clothes line as i had washed it after listing.Since it was my fault i paid return post even though i didn't have to as i just think it is right for a seller to do that if there is a fault.

I abided by the new policy even before i had to,as did many other sellers.The new krapp is just defect hassle guaranteed.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

I want to get a few in before nov 1 too, if listing before doesn't come into the rules. So, the 180 day thing means someone could buy a movie, a whole TV series or book, watch it or read it a few times, enjoy it and then say it wasn't what they want and get their money back. So they get it for free if they complain within 6 months. Not fair, it happens like that.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

thanks all.  they paid overnight.  must have had burning ears!

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@qball28 wrote:
I want to get a few in before nov 1 too, if listing before doesn't come into the rules. So, the 180 day thing means someone could buy a movie, a whole TV series or book, watch it or read it a few times, enjoy it and then say it wasn't what they want and get their money back. So they get it for free if they complain within 6 months. Not fair, it happens like that.

Just to be clear, the 180 is just the extension of the Paypal buyer protection that is currently 45 days.  Buyers will still have to pay return post, etc just like now.  Personally I've not had ppl abuse the 45 days, so I can't see how the extension is going to dramatically change things. A garment can be worn, book read, dvd box set watched all in 45 days too....

The eBay 30-day money-back guarantee is a whole different thing, and totally open to scamming.  Be very afraid.

But they are NOT the same program and do not work the same way.  

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

The eBay 30-day money-back guarantee is a whole different thing, and totally open to scamming. Be very afraid.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please explain!?!
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply