eBay Suggested Listing Category Has Disappeared

In the past, when I put in the title of my listing, eBay would suggest a category. If it was the one I wanted, it was much quicker to click on it than to scroll through the listing categories. Lately the suggested category option has disappeared for me. Is it the same for others? Is there some way to get it back? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay Suggested Listing Category Has Disappeared

I have found eBay's suggested categories to be less than useful. If you know what category you want, start typing it into the relevant field until you get a hit. No need to scroll through anything.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I always do a 'sell similar' (postage) then tweak from there...up come the suggestions

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for taking the time. I always use "Sell Similar" - a lot of what I list is in the Jewellery -  Antique and Vintage subsection. Say I have been listing a brooch and the next one is a necklace. In the past when I had "copy and pasted" (not typed) my title, the eBay suggestion would immediately be Jewellery -  Antique and Vintage - Necklaces and Pendants. One click. Now I have to click on the current category - which takes me to

click the Antique and Vintage subsection, and then scroll down to Necklaces and pendants and click on that. I know its only a couple of  clicks! But also occasionally I used to find that eBay would suggest a listing category that I had not considered. (I sell only old stuff, collectables, antiques etc.) Of course I would always check listings in  that category to see if it actually SOLD any of my item. And sometimes as you say, eBay's "suggestions" would make me snort with derision.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

OK I always use "Sell Similar" - I just tried your suggestion, changing the postage and then the title, but sadly didn't work for me. But thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

OK....they're probably 'fiddling' with your category BTDT. (in the past I have expended heaps of time to refurbish, only to have eBay fix their backline)....maybe wait a couple of days....oh, then Chinese NY will hit.....I've got nothing else atm, sorry

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks again - it does happen with all the categories I try to list in. Has been happening for a while - thought it might be just me.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply