eBay buyer refuse pay to PayPal for pick up?

eBay buyer want COD to pick up? I said No COD due fail to date & time to pick up at my place? Because I was waiting long relay SMS text message from eBay buyer cause very tried and fast sleep happened at home include my mobile battery dead? Until I had sms message called SCAM by eBay buyer who refuse pay to PayPal so He want pay by cash without date & time to pick up at my place? I said I have report to eBay offical for buyer refuse to PayPal and your lose feedback point on after cancel ithem (132697727282)? Also I saw eBay buyer feedback is lowest point that no good Vs My eBay feedback pont under 3,000?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You are actually better off to accept cash on pick up. For starters, you  won't have Paypal fees on the payment. Secondly, you avoid the risk of the buyer doing a bank Chargeback if the payment is via a credit card.

As for the pick up time, you tell the buyer when you are available, make an agreed time. Buyer comes to pick up, inspects the item to make sure it's in the working condition stated, buyer pays you cash and you're done.

By reporting the buyer for not paying by PayPal you now leave yourself open to negative feedback being left by the buyer. You also avoid the risk of the buyer opening a dispute if there is something wrong with the item.

How is the buyer suppose to know that you were asleep and your phone battery flat?

Just because the buyer has low feedback does not make them a bad buyer. I have plenty of buyer's who have low feedback and they have been terrific to deal with. Some people don't buy a lot on eBay and you shouldn't judge them just because their feedback is lower than yours.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

As said, cash for pick up items is best. Not PayPal.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Whether they pay by cash on pickup or by paypal, you would still have to make a time for pickup.

I know you think if they pay by paypal they will be more likely to come. Maybe, maybe not. If they don't come they can still get their money back from paypal.

Here is what to do.

Send them a message. Say you will accept cash when they pick up.

Ask when they would like to pick up-then give them a choice of about 3 days and times Say something like- 2-3pm Saturday or 7-8pm Tuesday night. Pick times that suit you.

They will then have to let you know. They might ask for a different time. If they do, make sure you make it a time range, not a whole day.

If they don't pick up then when they said they would, you can open an unpaid item dispute.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

COD is when you do it through the PO and costs heaps of money.  Cash on pick-up is a different matter - they hand over the cash when they pick up.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

cash on pick up or cod postage is the best. It's the only way ebay and paypal can't intervere with a transaction.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

COD is not a good option.

If the buyer declines to pay the charges (significant) to collect the item it goes back to the sender. Who then has to pay the (significant) charges to reclaim their item.

Much less useful to a seller than eBay or Paypal.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply