eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

This is my first post ever after selling more than 15+ years on eBay. I've just had the longest day on the phone with eBay "Support".

I've just noticed that eBay has been charging me for months for 2nd store category. My selling limit is 250k listings, but only have under 20k listed on eBay.

Under "Important Disclosure" at the eBay fee Table (last updated on 8th Jan 2019), it stated clearly that "if listed in 2 categories, insertion & feature fees are doubled". Sure thing, but how can you double the $0 fee amount to $0.06 when I am still clearly under my monthly limit???!!!

If listing in 2 categorie is a selling feature, why that "fee" is not shown on the complete fee table? "fee may apply" but how much???

You don't state that fee, then you can't charge that fee ! Especially when I'm still under the limit !!!!

"support" supervisor said he will credit all those insertion fees, but want me to remove the 2nd store category in avoid fee in future listing. I said "NO - EBAY CHANGE THE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT WITH THAT FEE CLEARLY STATED, THEN I WILL DECIDE IF I WILL PAY IT OR REMOVE FROM MY LISTINGS".

Sure just 6 cents, but with 18k listings...Imagine all those sellers who didn't check their eBay statements regularly, and all those fees!

Anyone here agree with what I'm doing here?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

What the fees were before is completely irrelevant. As stated further up, ebay posted the new fees on the site and according to the user agreement that means they've given notice of the change. If you don't pay the fees they'll close your account.

The new fees would most likely have come into effect on 30th April (the latest fee schedule is dated 15th April) and you weren't over-charged before that, so I'll say again - what the fees were before that date is IRRELEVANT.
Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

Re: eBay charged $0.06 for 2nd store category for months when I didn't exceed monthly limit !!!

@zilbacat wrote:

You can keep on posting current charges but read  my lips   WHAT WERE THE CHARGES TWO MONTHS OR MORE AGO

THATS WHY YOU GO TO EABY SUPPORT 

....................so go to "your" eBay support, they will give you that information surely................

"IF ANY OF YOU WERE EXPERT ON EBAY YOU WOULD HAVE JOB WITH THEM AND GETPAID"

I don't believe any of us claim to be "experts" on eBay, but with many years of dealing with eBay many of us do have a pretty good idea of how the system works (or doesn't work).

As I said before, you don't seem to believe what the members here have told you (or don't want to take it on board), so just use CS support ........... and don't use caps to shout at us. (on the internet that's seen as being less than polite).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

@zilbacat wrote:

You just have to love forums (all of them) and why its not a place for informed advice just random people who love to talk with nothing of fact to add but much miss information

What does that say about your own posts, though?

Anyway, if you want to talk to sellers with anchor stores, your best bet is to go where they are more likely to hang out.

You might find a few in the PowerSellers forum, but as far as i know most of them have migrated to private social media groups. 

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread went a little off-topic and a number of posts were not in line with the Discussion Board Policies. 

Please review the Policies here before making future posts to make sure you are aware of what is acceptable on the eBay Australia Community. 

Thanks.

luna-2304

Community Moderator

Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

Thank you for stepping in Luna, but I think your message was directed at the wrong person. 

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply