eBay overcharging on Auspost labels again?

This was happening a while back but it seems to be happening again... last month my eBay invoice debited me $25.05 for a postage label costing $22.77, and $27.15 for a label costing $24.68. I got charged the correct amount for a dozen other labels, however.

Chatted to eBay about it and was told I'd be informed when it had been looked into, but have heard nothing since and had no credits on my account. Anyone else noticing these extra charges?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I noticed it in April! It occurs when you change the weight and sizing on your parcel before you print, and it only seems to happen on postage over $19

They said the same to me when I rang in May and I am still waiting for there promised reply!

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
There is an easy fix, stop using ebay labels. As I have said before on numerous occasions. The little bit that you save on postage is not a saving when you factor in your time chasing up errors, ringing ebay and the angst created by that. I couldn't be bothered.

Only ever had 76c worth of errors, which are more than covered by the $1 less postage per one.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

This is still an ongoing issue. I am constantly being charged an extra $0.35 for each postage label I print. Each time I have contacted support and they have credited me back, but I can see how many people could potentially be being charged this extra "fee" without realising, or if they do realise, can't be bothered chasing it up.

Each time, I have been told that it is being escalated and that I shouldn't have the issue again. But it is still happening 2 months later (and it looks like it has been happening since 2015 at least).

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I've never used the labels. Take your stuff to the P.O. It gives someone a job & cuts eBay out from gleaning more profit with the deal they've no doubt cut with Aust Post. They already take 7-10% on postage.  Plus they've probably raked in loads of $ from this so-called 'glitch' that most sellers wouldn't notice (or be bothered following up on). I buy my satchels from the post office in packs of 10 & get 10% discount anywway.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Unfortunately, the items I sell are fragile and need to be packed in boxes with adequate packaging material so satchels are not an option. And even if I could use satchels, I don't sell enough to justify buying them in bulk.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

@celorion10 wrote:

This is still an ongoing issue. I am constantly being charged an extra $0.35 for each postage label I print. Each time I have contacted support and they have credited me back, but I can see how many people could potentially be being charged this extra "fee" without realising, or if they do realise, can't be bothered chasing it up.

Each time, I have been told that it is being escalated and that I shouldn't have the issue again. But it is still happening 2 months later (and it looks like it has been happening since 2015 at least).

Must just be you. eBay UNDERCHARGE on calculated postage, as they haven't managed to update their postage calculator since the last price rise in OCTOBER 20165. But that's a whole other issue. Possibly even worthy of a new thread, given it is not the issue this thread WAS about.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

You get 5% for 10 packs. 10% is for 50 (or 100) or more. Which is a lot of money to tie up just to get the price down to the level of eBay satchels. Which are also better for seller protection as they are a subset of Click & Send. Or whatever has replaced C&S.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply