eBay's massive 15% off every item this Sunday 22/6

Looks like a very big promotion is coming up for eBay. 15% off (some select accounts will have 25%) off an eBay purchase upto a maximum discount of $100

Hopefully this is good news for both buyers and sellers

Info, T&C's at http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Sunday

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

@chezzy wrote:

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

@curraone wrote:

maybe they mean one paypal transaction - so you can buy a lot of stuff from different sellers, add to cart, go to pay by paypal, and then get the 15%

That worked for me

2 sellers

1 item from one seller and 3 from another

So we are getting different information. I have never used my cart to make purchases on ebay. So I take it there is some way to consolidate purchases from different sellers and then just make ONE paypal purchase/transaction??

If Crikey's example works that means it is about having ONE PAYPAL TRANSACTION and not about having one single ebay purchase with a minimum $50 spend?? (which is what ebay live chat led me to believe)

I don't think I used the cart

I juast purchased the 4 items from the two sellers

Then I clicked on the one I really wanted the discount on from "My eBay purchases"

pressed pay now

and it allowed me to pay both sellers in one transaction (or I could just pick "pay only this seller"

the discount was applied to both sellers - all items

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 71 of 85
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
Crikey wrote: I just bought 4 different items from 2 different sellers.

I processed them all together (so one paypal payment) and received the 15% discount on all."

Were these items all over the minimum $50??

actually, yes they were

@3 @ $85 from one seller

@1 @ 109 from another seller

all australian sellers and currency

BUT - I was told yesterday that the post price was included so, an item for $40 plus $11 post = $51 and is elligible (but all mine were free post and over the limit anyway

Message 72 of 85
Latest reply

This was mentioned yesterday:

From 10am to midnight AEST you'll see why. Find a big range of new &; used items, handpicked & on sale.
Make space in your schedule for Big Sundays

It says handpicked AND on sale. .. So can use for handpicked items (which all presumably cost more than $50 for this offer) as well as anything else on sale that meets the T &; C's for this offer.

I know this has been cleared up now, but added unecessarily to the confusion.
Message 73 of 85
Latest reply

OK - direct from a CS Supervisor

the discount is per ACCOUNT - Not per person. (Yes I pointed out their wording in the T&C and asked them to double check)

They were adamant it was PER ACCOUNT

BUT

Whilst I was on the phone with the supervisor

I went through the transaction on another account for $145

It all went well, the discount applied all the way UNTIL I got to the PayPal section where it showed the full amount

The supervisor told me that's ok, it will be applied and directed me to proceed, which I did

I have been charged the entire $145

The supervisor said it must be a glitch and eBay will process the dredit "later"

I made her write down everything and she said if the credit hadn't been applied by tomorrow to ring back as I definitely was entitled to the credit.

YES, she knew I had purchased on another account earlier.

The items I bought earlier - their discount showed right away - but still nothing on this second one - so be cautious I reckon, just in case this lady is wrong

but if it is something you were going to buy anyway - it might be worth having a go

Now as for my son's account - so a different name - The lady assured me that even though they were connected to the same PayPal account, that his account was eligible for the discount

but I haven't tried it

cos he wants to buy a $400 electronic thing, and it is not much more expensive in B$M (about $50 before discount applied) so I would ordinarily tell him no - he must pay the extra and go B&M, but with a further $60, it's now a bit of a difference, so as he is 18 and I really can't stop him anyway (I told him about "if it breaks" etc) I will let him buy - but after the above, I am worried it won't apply the discount for him

If it doesn't, then I would prefer he bought B&M - so if anyone has had a successful transaction using 2 dif accounts but linked to the one PasyPal account, could you please let us know?

Message 74 of 85
Latest reply

Why do you think this won't apply if your son makes a purcahse ( his email is going to be different to your paypal email address)?

12. Your eBay.com.au and PayPal accounts must be active at the time of redemption (not suspended nor made inactive by eBay or PayPal) and be registered under the same email address.

Message 75 of 85
Latest reply

Unfortunately, no it is one transaction per paypal account. I purchased earlier on one i.d, just did another purchase on this i.d, appeared to get the discount until I went to pay and Paypal advised I had already received the discount.

Message 76 of 85
Latest reply

stomp feet.gif

well that is no good!

That supervisor must have been dreaming!

But I sure hope they honour my second purchase since I checked and processed it with the lady on the phone reassuring me the whole way...

The bright side - next time it happens we now know a bit more about what we can and can't do, eh?

(Thanks BTW)

Message 77 of 85
Latest reply

It is fair enough. If there are 60 000 vouchers, why should some people get to use more than one? Later on in the day others find there is none left, and they haven't been able to use one.

Message 78 of 85
Latest reply

I agree, and their terms and condition say Per Person - but the lady did say.....

and it is not a set 60 000 vouchers

that's just an estimate.

They have a total price they are prepared to spend on this promotion in mind and once it reasches that limit they will withdraw the offer.

They just arrived at that figure based on an average spend.

Probably promoted it to encourage a sense of urgency.

I thought for sure it would be over by now, but apparently not

Plus it does appear to be linked to the PayPal account rather than the eBay account holder....

Message 79 of 85
Latest reply

There are a limited number of coupons available and once exhausted the Offer will be withdrawn.  It is estimated that there are about 60,000 coupons available for redemption based on average item spend per customer. We will indicate on the website when coupons are running down in number

Haven't seen that yet. Yes, would promote urgency, don't wait, buy, might miss out otherwise.

Message 80 of 85
Latest reply