eBay withholding Seller funds for 21 days. Outrageous.

Good Morning,

eBay has announced they will be withholding all payments from all Sellers for a period of 21 days.

As far as I can see this is Unlawful.

eBay is simply a web site that facilitates a transaction between a Seller and a Buyer. They have no right to interfere with the payment, and certainly they have no right to withhold funds under the guise of ensuring safety of the transaction.

They are simply using this to keep massive amounts of Sellers funds and earn Interest, while we site here out of pocket for 21 days.

They say -
a)
if you have sold less than 25 products within 90 days they will withhold funds - to ensure you are an honest seller. Garbage.

b)
if we do sell more than 25 items in 90 days, then next time we only sell 4, we again are left without receiving payment for 21 days.

This is not just for Newby sellers. I have been with eBay since 2007.

In any event, PayPal has a process of protecting the Buyer and Seller in the event something goes wrong with the transaction, namely, PayPal will refund the Buyer or Seller.

So is this just a way for PayPal to mitigate their losses, by pushing the problem back to eBay and using eBay to hold funds under the guise of protecting customers, so PayPal can weazel its way out of its promoted security scheme ?

Moreover we all know eBay and PayPal transactions are dropping thus is this a way for PayPal as the owner to generate Interest on the back of Sellers funds they are withholding unlawfully for 21 days ?

This is outrageous and must be stopped.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Profanity is no substitute for wit.

I  think you'll find that quotation is actually "Vulgarity is no substitute for wit." (Violet Crawley, Dowager Duchess of Grantham - Downton Abbey)

Message 51 of 60
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@gec2002 wrote:

Correct you never said you were infallible, however you clearly implied you never get it wrong.

Before I join the Spelling Police do I need to get permission from the Sarcastic ones, the just plain rude ones, or the grumpy 4', as I would hate to upset the Infallible Knowledgable ones.

Where did I imply that I am never wrong?   As far as I am concerned "never wrong" and "infallible" are essentially the same thing.

Again I ask, can you point out a wrong answer that I have given so I know not to make the same mistake again.

You don't need permission to join the Spelling Police.....these are public boards and anyone can post here, which is the reason we so often get numpties posting here.

Just want to get it right before I get huffy and write something I may regret - by that last statement are you implying that I am a "numpty"

Not implying anything about you gec....it was just a statement that numpties post on the boards.  As it was a general term not a proper name no capital is needed.   But if the cap fits I would be happy to use the capital if you would prefer it.

Message 52 of 60
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. This forum is supposed to be friendly to everyone. Please be courteous to each other. Thanks. 🙂

Message 53 of 60
Latest reply

i wish everyone here a happy first of may day, may all your buyers be quick payers and all your items not get lost by AP and arrive on time.

Message 54 of 60
Latest reply

smiley: Wow - keystrokes: :wow

smiley: Didimiss - keystrokes: :didimiss

smiley: Thatsbad - keystrokes: :otb

smiley: 090104110 - keystrokes: :arg

smiley: 12010432 - keystrokes: :goo

smiley: Whoopdedoo - keystrokes: :wpd

That's about all I have to say about that!

smiley: A11fun - keystrokes: :bye

Message 55 of 60
Latest reply

Shame you weren't here Tippy      tip toes.gif

That's all I can say, really      nope smiley.gif

Message 56 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Shame you weren't here Tippy      tip toes.gif <<<<<<<-------- That's me!

That's all I can say, really      nope smiley.gif

I was madly getting as much listed as I could today out of the 1,000, plus I had some real life stuff to do. Tonight was spent relisting all the 1 day auctions that didn't sell, back to normal duration.

I used 547/1,000 on my big account. Most of them were relisting unsolds and relisting 1 day auctions. The first listing I had it set to relist automatically, but if I'd set them to auto relist again, they would have auto relisted tonight, when I didn't want them too, so since Wed, I've been manually relisting over 300 items!

My small account I used 244/1,000. Same as above. I also managed to put a few new listings up on that account. I didn't want to go to beserk on my big account, just in case there's no promotions in the near future. I didn't want 500 items sitting in my unsold.

After reading this thread, I wish I was here!!! I could have piped in with a rant how my new account is having its funds held. I know I can get PayPal to release them, but I'm not needing the money, so happy for it to just run its course.

Message 57 of 60
Latest reply

tip toes.gif   Shame we can't have moving ids. 

You could sneak up on the stawka                tip toes.gif                   

You have been busy.  Mind you, I think you give yourself more work

than anyone I know.    1 day auctions?

Message 58 of 60
Latest reply

I only run 1 day auctions when there's a promotion where I know I can't use them all with what I've got. The first 4 nights were pretty easy, the last 3 a bit busy! It paid off though. Normally my auctions run for either 7 or 10 days.

Edit: the reasoning behind the 1 day auctions were so they showed near the top of the ending soonest search results for a week, rather than relisting and being stuck on the last page. It would also have captured the people who search by newly listed.

Message 59 of 60
Latest reply

Dagnappit Tippy, I missed it all as well - something to do with packing and stacking (still, but very nearly finished now thank the good Lord....) 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 60 of 60
Latest reply