eBay withholding Seller funds for 21 days. Outrageous.

Good Morning,

eBay has announced they will be withholding all payments from all Sellers for a period of 21 days.

As far as I can see this is Unlawful.

eBay is simply a web site that facilitates a transaction between a Seller and a Buyer. They have no right to interfere with the payment, and certainly they have no right to withhold funds under the guise of ensuring safety of the transaction.

They are simply using this to keep massive amounts of Sellers funds and earn Interest, while we site here out of pocket for 21 days.

They say -
a)
if you have sold less than 25 products within 90 days they will withhold funds - to ensure you are an honest seller. Garbage.

b)
if we do sell more than 25 items in 90 days, then next time we only sell 4, we again are left without receiving payment for 21 days.

This is not just for Newby sellers. I have been with eBay since 2007.

In any event, PayPal has a process of protecting the Buyer and Seller in the event something goes wrong with the transaction, namely, PayPal will refund the Buyer or Seller.

So is this just a way for PayPal to mitigate their losses, by pushing the problem back to eBay and using eBay to hold funds under the guise of protecting customers, so PayPal can weazel its way out of its promoted security scheme ?

Moreover we all know eBay and PayPal transactions are dropping thus is this a way for PayPal as the owner to generate Interest on the back of Sellers funds they are withholding unlawfully for 21 days ?

This is outrageous and must be stopped.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: eBay withholding Seller funds for 21 days. Outrageous.

Depends where you are located David.

If you are not in the southern suburbs of Sydney the it was not me....I have not left home all day.Smiley LOL

Message 41 of 60
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

Correct you never said you were infallible, however you clearly implied you never get it wrong.

Before I join the Spelling Police do I need to get permission from the Sarcastic ones, the just plain rude ones, or the grumpy 4', as I would hate to upset the Infallible Knowledgable ones.

Where did I imply that I am never wrong?   As far as I am concerned "never wrong" and "infallible" are essentially the same thing.

Again I ask, can you point out a wrong answer that I have given so I know not to make the same mistake again.

You don't need permission to join the Spelling Police.....these are public boards and anyone can post here, which is the reason we so often get numpties posting here.

Message 42 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@gec2002 wrote:

Correct you never said you were infallible, however you clearly implied you never get it wrong.

Before I join the Spelling Police do I need to get permission from the Sarcastic ones, the just plain rude ones, or the grumpy 4', as I would hate to upset the Infallible Knowledgable ones.

Where did I imply that I am never wrong?   As far as I am concerned "never wrong" and "infallible" are essentially the same thing.

Again I ask, can you point out a wrong answer that I have given so I know not to make the same mistake again.

You don't need permission to join the Spelling Police.....these are public boards and anyone can post here, which is the reason we so often get numpties posting here.

Just want to get it right before I get huffy and write something I may regret - by that last statement are you implying that I am a "numpty"

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 43 of 60
Latest reply

pmsl.gif

Message 44 of 60
Latest reply

geg2002 wrote:

Just want to get it right before I get huffy and write something I may regret - by that last statement are you implying that I am a "numpty"

Na , that would be ' Numpty '.

Message 45 of 60
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Oops appears your not infallible either

Oops appears you're not infallible either - fixed it for ya

Aaaaand  - you're welcome

As I'm (did I use the apostrophe correctly?) not one of the knowledgeable ones like you, please explain what is this "ya". Looked it up in the dictionary and the Thesaurus and couldn't find it, did you spell "you" incorrectly or just invent a new word to use in order to make you answer appear sarcastic (didn't (did I use the apostrophe correctly again?) really succeed, but keep trying.)

PS As I left out the apostrophe did you still manage to understand the difference between a company name and a logo, I can explain again if you want, so you don't make the same mistake again.

Message 46 of 60
Latest reply

@crusader-rabbit48 wrote:

@geg2002 wrote:

Na , that would be ' Numpty '.

I already changed it from plural to singular so I didn't want to confuse things too much by using capitals as well, but as you sound like an expert, I guess you would know either way. 

Message 48 of 60
Latest reply

Sorry I was referring to English not US or Spanish.  See I can admit I get things wrong, give it a try, you might find an inner peace not needing to be perfect all the time.

Message 49 of 60
Latest reply

Sorry guys its been fun messing with you, but Mom's calling and wants me to go inside and pack all the stuff i have sold over the weekend (Yes I know how could such a Numpty numpty numpties actually sell anything.

Hooroo (thats Aussie for goodbye for those who speak US and Spanish)

PS I used a little i (see first sentence) instead of a big I so some of you can amuse yourselves at my expense over the next half hour or so..

Message 50 of 60
Latest reply