ebay and paypal hold on money

Hello,  Ebay and Paypal have placed holds on all my money for up to 21 days or sometimes more which is making it impossible for me to send my items I sold off in time because I am on a disability Pension which means I dont have spare money for postage.  I also cannot pay my Ebay fees which are due and cant refund a customer who says one of my videos I sent does not work,  

I do not see what right they have to put this money on hold and make it impossible to send the items off.  I have contacted an apparent ebay supervisor and got absolutely nowhere.  In what world does a person have a sale and be expected to be able to send off an item within 2 business days without the money from the sale.  They even told me i should just shut my account and find another selling carriage to sell but they have monopolized it all and made it so they are basically one of the only places to sell items like I have for sale.  I am getting absolutely nowhere and have bad anxiety with this.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: ebay and paypal hold on money

@c_mount wrote:
There is a very protective CLIQUE on these boards that somehow get special protection from the mods. They can shoot you down and if you report them, nothing gets done, but if you say anything against them, expect the riot act....totally BS

I don’t see any special protection going on, just posters posting within the board posting rules.  If you have reported posts that have not then been removed it is more likely to be that you don’t fully understand what is acceptable and what is not.  Certainly your efforts tonight would support this.

While you are here, can you answer me this:

why do you feel the need to give kudo to your own posts using another of your IDs?  I just don’t understand why a sane person would do that, but a person with split personality disorder might not see anything wrong with that.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

c_mount, some of your posts go far past the point of mere rudeness, and move into the territory of being actually offensive and potentially actionable.

I haven't reported any of your posts; I would rather see you sort out whatever issues are affecting you so that you can view the world without so much aggression.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

You might feel differently Countess if you were the butt of many of his posts.

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

I might well.

It is never pleasant to be targeted by malice, and in no way do you deserve that.

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

@c_mount wrote:
There is a very protective CLIQUE on these boards that somehow get special protection from the mods. They can shoot you down and if you report them, nothing gets done, but if you say anything against them, expect the riot act....totally BS

Hi c_mount. I guess there is much truth in what you say. Not sure of this is the same group you're talking about but I know that there is a group of bullies here that attack like a small school of pihranas on people that adress the negative aspects of some selling practices or Global Shipping (Almost a sacred cow to some) and it's financial impact on buyers and other horrible things relating to it etc.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

c_mount, some of your posts go far past the point of mere rudeness, and move into the territory of being actually offensive and potentially actionable.

I haven't reported any of your posts; I would rather see you sort out whatever issues are affecting you so that you can view the world without so much aggression.

Hi countessalmirena , always good to hear from you even though I don't always agree with some of your thought-out posts , it's always good to hear your point of view.

I'd just like to say that for some time there has been a group of nasty bullies here that delight in attacking and ridiculing people who express their views  (their God given right) to speak out about the bad practices of some sellers or how Global Shipping / Pitney Bowes have made Ebay less enjoyable and hideously expensive. Twice I have been attacked with cowardly slander. Outright lies! Funnily enough, it wasn't from the usual gang of five.

Please keep an eye out for that. You'll see what I mean.

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Hi c_mount. I guess there is much truth in what you say. Not sure of this is the same group you're talking about but I know that there is a group of bullies here that attack like a small school of pihranas on people that adress the negative aspects of some selling practices or Global Shipping (Almost a sacred cow to some) and it's financial impact on buyers and other horrible things relating to it etc.

Did you actually read any of the posts where c_mount was vilifying members, pulling the racism card etc etc ?

I suspect c_mount will not be able to respond to your post any time soon.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

Did you actually read any of the posts where c_mount was vilifying members, pulling the racism card etc etc ?

I suspect c_mount will not be able to respond to your post any time soon.

Hi padi*0409 , I haven't had a chance to look at the posts. I have been away from here for a while.  I know that c_mount has something of an unbridled  approach to things sometimes. But I have always found c_mount to be OK and I have respected this person's outspokenness..  I have seen that group of bullies say at lot worse than c_mount may or may not be doing.  Perhaps the bar gets raised in the heat of the moment.

Anyway, I'll have a look.

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

Who are these group of bullies you're talking about?

For someone to be bullying isn't tolerated on these boards and therefor they are removed.

So are you saying that these bullies are still posting on these boards? if so then why haven't they been barred? 

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Who are these group of bullies you're talking about?

I won't mention names as I'll get pounced on but believe me, there is a core group. This has been carrying on for a few years.

@collect247 wrote:

For someone to be bullying isn't tolerated on these boards and therefor they are removed.

So are you saying that these bullies are still posting on these boards? if so then why haven't they been barred? 

Beats me why. That's the million dollar question.

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply