ebay is ok with collecting from fees from untracked goods but is unwilling offer seller protection

I have 14k items sold most of them sent untracked to remain competitive I have bank records of me shipping same day every day for a year Unfortunately I am not covered by the seller protection policy  eBay now I think there are two options either they make everything tracked only it would cost them hundreds of millions in fees so they won't do that or provide an option other than tracking to verify untracked items have been sent at least for top rated sellers with good delivery rates only needs to apply to items under 20 dollars  that has been refunded it would be really easy to make something that allows the seller to share there bank records for set dates seen it through other services like accounting software you refund the buyer prove that you were at post office day you said it was sent seem like less work I don't want to bother people trying to resolve things look if I get left negative feedback from someone because of late delivery or non delivery etc you might as well leave it for the sky being blue we have little to no control over the logistic service use at these prices points pretty much set at market rate 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ebay is ok with collecting from fees from untracked goods but is unwilling offer seller protection

note it would just about half the amount of workers needed for feedback revision 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

How do you think any form of bank transaction is going to show  what and to where you shipped any particular item.

Easy solution, use and pay for tracked shipping, and then you have ebay seller protection.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Just because you bank shows you were at the post office doesnt mean you sent your items.  Could have being to purchase a xmas card.   And even if you did buy postage,   doesnt mean you actually sent it.

The buyer pays for postage,  so its no skin of your nose to use tracking.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

OP…. if tracking didn’t provide the benefit of showing both that the item was sent and that the item was delivered (in comparison with an untracked service), it wouldn’t be worth it from any perspective.  Verification of being posted and delivered is the raison d’être of tracked delivery.

Otherwise everyone would be waving their bank records around and demanding they be accepted in lieu of using any sort of tracking.

Your suggestion really makes no sense. eBay have set their T&Cs for seller protection in place, and I can’t fault them for requiring proof of despatching the goods via a tracked method at the very least. Even a tracking status of “delivered” makes sense.

If you find that you have a large number of items sent by untracked postage being reported as INR, work out a strategy that covers you for such losses. Decide at what item price point you want to offer only a tracked postage method, calculate total expected “losses” over a year, slightly increase your postage cost charged to the buyer and put each small increase towards “self-insurance” which will cover you. You should find that a very modest increase will compensate you for the losses.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Dear ale-broz,  I feel that having tracking on your items give the confidence to the buyers that they item is on the way and being covered by ebay with tracking your customer can not say the item has not been delivered. All my item have tracking .  Small item price plus the tracking (Satchel Price) has not created any complaints from my buyers.  Also having an Aust Post business account will give you a discount on your satchel and parcel price. If you buy bulk. Ebay postage is too expensive . 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@ale_broz wrote:

I have 14k items sold most of them sent untracked to remain competitive I have bank records of me shipping same day every day for a year Unfortunately I am not covered by the seller protection policy  eBay now I think there are two options either they make everything tracked only it would cost them hundreds of millions in fees so they won't do that or provide an option other than tracking to verify untracked items have been sent at least for top rated sellers with good delivery rates only needs to apply to items under 20 dollars  that has been refunded it would be really easy to make something that allows the seller to share there bank records for set dates seen it through other services like accounting software you refund the buyer prove that you were at post office day you said it was sent seem like less work I don't want to bother people trying to resolve things look if I get left negative feedback from someone because of late delivery or non delivery etc you might as well leave it for the sky being blue we have little to no control over the logistic service use at these prices points pretty much set at market rate 

My head hurts after trying to read that. That was one very long sentence. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I think something or other about 'top rated seller' should'nt have to send items tracked to be covered and apparently bank records should be enough proof something sent untracked was indeed sent

Did my head in too though

But the policies should'nt apply to me posts usually do that 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply