ebay policy encourages sellers to break the Law In WA And Tasmania Regarding Plant Material

It is against the Law In AUSTRALIA to post plant Material to Western Australia and Tasmania.

In my case seeds & I adhere to the law.

Some buyers purposely, repeatedly, knowingly (I block all) buy plant material to try and illegally import to these states.

Many in the past.

I cancel these transactions as it could be a $5000 fine.

eBay Does not give a Final Valuation Credit on these cancelled listings.

Even when you say in the cancellation as Not a country i post to.

These listings contribute to my and other sellers transactions that had defects and affect My Seller and others ratings.

Some sellers break the law buy posting these items to these two states ( yes they do).

Why wouldn't they it affects there and my Seller ratings.

I haven't contacted customer support yet I will do so this is something that really needs to be looked at.

Other canceled transactions by buyer request also contribute to poor seller rating.

This is not really affecting me but it isn't really right.

Hardly Fair

Thanks

Cheers

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: ebay policy encourages sellers to break the Law In WA And Tasmania Regarding Plant Material

Thanks Lou. I was mostly asking in case someone asked in the future about it.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Re: ebay policy encourages sellers to break the Law In WA And Tasmania Regarding Plant Material

Note re: business policies for the others who want to use them - you have to actually enable them (cant remember how, I googled it at the time), they arent on your account automatically. Or werent when I enabled them anyway, which was a while ago... 

As someone implied, they may not be available to everyone yet.. I think they are being rolled out?

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Ive rang Western Australia they have most definitely relaxed there stand on seeds as long as the botanical name is attached seems OK

This has not been the case in the past.

info info bellow

In My case Now Selling to Western Australia

Western Australian Organism List

Thanks for the discussion information and help.,

Cheers

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Its the fees that is the killer. this was implement in 2013

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/17907819/gardeners-angry-at-new-seed-charges/

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Lou, have a read of this thread re business policies. I wasn't offered business policies on one of my IDs but I saw this link in the forums and it worked. http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Where-do-I-find-my-business-policies-so-I-can-edit-them/m-p/...
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply