ebay's Policy of Resolving for Buyers on Returns is Allowing Buyers to have a Parts Warehouse online

usmcjs
Community Member

I just had a "buyer" accuse me of shipping him a broken watch. It was in perfect condition and packed well. He even states that one of the hands was missing but he later found it in the wrapping paper ! Completely illogical. Why would I have a watch apart while I was wrapping it for shipment ? He stated that he had purchased three other Movados like it the same week. I suspect he is returning me one of the identical Movados which WAS broken when he purchased. I have offered to pay for a polygraph to prove I am telling the truth but eBay has ruled against me forcing me to take back a broken watch.  It's not the money. I'm a retired cop and HATE con artists worse than bank robbers.  By always ruling in favor of buyers on these return issues, eBay is aiding and abetting fraud. I intend to escalate this one in court if I can find the right venue, and to join all pertinent class action suits against eBay if the FINAL resolution of my case is that eBay assists this con artist in defrauding me. in the meantime eBay has essentially created a parts warehouse for con artists and the cheated seller even has to pay the shipping. Shame on eBay for being so greedy that they cannot provide a fair hearing where facts can be heard.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ebay's Policy of Resolving for Buyers on Returns is Allowing Buyers to have a Parts Warehouse online

Always good to record serial numbers.

BTW you are on the Australian boards.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Well, not sure how I got to Australia. But been there and loved it. Great place, great people. Thanks for advising me.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I noticed one of the photos of the back showed what looked to be a serial number but if the buyer really is using the watches for spare parts, he will probably be canny enough to return that particular part of the watch to you.

I do believe you've been conned here but whether the buyer made a mistake about whose delivery was broken or whether this is deliberate-hard to tell.

I can understand a watch face might crack under shipment but it does seem odd the hands would actually be elsewhere, in the wrapping paper.

The problem for ebay is how can they judge? They have one buyer swearing it was broken into pieces when they received it and a seller swearing it was well wrapped and perfect.

If ebay does nothing (and I bet they won't) i would reply to the neg factually.

I would ask for the watch to be returned, even if you pay. If the back serial number is the same but watch in pieces, you can be pretty sure it is a con.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I havn't found a way to respond to his negative feedback ?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

down the very bottom of your feedback page there should be a link which says "reply to feedback received." (see attached image). 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

When you do respond, take a few minutes to plan exactly what to say. You only get about 80 characters so don't waste time saying anything derogatory about the buyer as such, concentrate on getting your side of the story over to other customers. Maybe even wait till you receive the watch back, just in case it comes back with pieces missing.

If you suspect funny business, you're going to have to be careful with wording so you don't accuse the buyer of being a con artist but others who read the summary can read between the lines. Be specific.

As a buyer (mainly) I don't worry about a seller with a neg if I can see they responded sensibly to a buyer & that it was the buyer who might have been unreasonable. That buyer accused you of going nuts, you want other potential customers to see you are calm, reasonable & were the wronged party.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply