feedback

Hi a friend of mine has just started on ebay and so have I. I have not had a problem but my friend has and will not write herself as she says things might get worse!!! Here is the story, she sold an item she considered in very good condition, she has sold similar items and has had good feedback for over fifteen items, then a power seller gives her feedback that is very negative. This power seller did not discuss with her or ask her any questions or even consider that maybe it was a misunderstanding, or even give her the opportunity to refute the claim or refund the monies. How can an experienced person be so cruel? My friend never said the item was new, it was clearly stated otherwise.  I also cant understand how my friend cant address this, it does not seem fair. Just want to see what others think.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

feedback

As a Top rated Power Seller it is my belief that once you have earned this status you should act as an 'ambassador" type seller when dealing with other sellers. I always give the seller the opportunity to make things right before even considering leaving negative feedback. If EBAY is to grow we all need to assist in the process. negative comments will bring negative results. Miss understandings can ocurr what is the point in slamming some new seller if they have done thier best. Now if they continue to make the same mistakes then that is a different matter. Everyone had to start somewhere.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

feedback

Your friend can leave a response to the negative feedback. Also, if it is a positive with negative comments, eBay might remove it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

feedback

It is hard to judge when we cannot see the feedback or what the item is but I can understand why your friend does not want to come here using her own id.

Being a power seller only means you have sold over a certain number of items over a total selling price set by ebay, it does not mean you are a nice person or that you will do what is morally right.

Tell you friend to leave a follow up saying something like "Very sorry, please contact regarding problem" and it probably won't effect her ability to sell.

Tell her to look on the bright side, she has lost her feedginity early on in her ebay selling career and it won't hurt as much the next time;-)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply