going for a holiday from ebay

I don't understand what is happening with my sales .Last month about 1.1 sales per day.

Thois month is usually a good month .but only 5 sales so far , since 9/19  only 3 sales.

Listings have gone up, some new stock, fair prices and excellent feedback, so, what is happening ??

I know I am not the only seller feeling let down,.I am closing my shop for 3 weeks on Thursday and having a holiday.

Last time I put my store on holiday notice i was given late postage ratings even though i had posted the day i got back.

sorry to complain, but all is not well with ebay or the poor sellers at the recieving end.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

ring ebay & show a screen shot of 'holiday mode' message....they will remove defects
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
ring ebay & show a screen shot of 'holiday mode' message....they will remove defects

That's good advice, you'll need a screenshot to prove your case by showing the dates of your break.

The late defect is picked up by bots, based solely on sale date, consignment date and handling time (while ignoring holiday settings).

Your holiday settings disappear after you've returned and apparently eBay keeps no record of past holiday settings.

Yet another piece of dodgy, badly thought out policy/programming.

eBay doesn't exactly spend a lot of time thinking (or caring) about the consequences of their actions.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

sales last 31 daye $724.50

Ebay fees last 31 days $385.70

balance  $338.80

take out product items cost

balance not much

all my listings are now promoted listings so paying between an extra 5% to 9% for sales to get that result.

it is so distressing but i have to sell the stock

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

thank you x

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@lmckec2009 wrote:

I did that last time I had a holiday, it took me an hour to get ebay to take the defect off. thank you XX

I'd go even further & make sure that my listings finished a few days before my holiday started. If your items are buy it now, it would mean any purchases would be paid for and could be posted before you left. If they are auction format, have them finish at least 4 days prior to your break.

You won't win any brownie points from customers if they buy something & it isn't posted till after your holiday, even if you have a warning in the listing that things won't be posted after such & such a date. It mightn't be logical but it seems to be how it works.

I'm just catching up on messages now (stupid house renos taking me away from the forums LOL!). What Springy said is sound advice. Make sure everything is ended with enough time for payment and postage before leaving to go away.

Last year when Mr Tippy got sick, we got 2 weeks notice of his surgery date. I let my auctions run out and didn't relist them. I think it was the next weekend eBay kindly put a 100 free listing promotion on, so I listed everything as 1 day auctions, which would have finished on the Sunday night. That gave me about 11 days before the surgery date. I had a few sales, that were paid up by Sunday night, which I posted off on the Monday. Tracking showed that everything had arrived before the surgery date, so it all worked out perfectly.

If I had let my auctions run until a few days before we had to leave, then there could have been all sorts of issues (we had to travel 4+ hours for the surgery). As it was, 4 weeks later someone opened a dispute for INR, despite tracking saying it was delivered to her remote location and she had a PO box at her tiny PO. I believed her when she said the parcel was probably put in the wrong PO box (her post masters words), but I still won the dispute and eBay kindly removed the neg she left. Given her town had a population of about 50, it shouldn't have been hard to find out who got it.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Yep, always better safe than sorry. 

I've often found that I need to leave a bit more time for things than I originally would have thought. otherwise things go down to the wire & it is stressful.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Set your store so no-one can buy while you are away....that way you can't get low ratings for late postage.

Shouldn't really have too. If eBay knew what they were doing, but these idiots don't, their system would allow for this.

I had to fight to get a neg removed becasue I had gone on a weeks break. Even thoguh i had set my store into holiday mode, once you reopen it, eBay have no record of this happening. Luckily for me, I took a screen shot of the holday mode notice. This was enough for the dumb ships in eBay to remove the neg.

eBay are just too focused on making life hard for the seller and keeping the buyers happy, regardless of how its done and who it hurts.

I am looking forward to the day when I sell all my stock off and shut the doors. For good.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply