guys help I was not paid for an item I sold

thohim_0
Community Member

guys i dont know what to do, i sent an item that some said he had paid for my bag through a fake invoice of paypal and ebay. i have sent the item, and my account balance still has not increased

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Oh dear, it sounds like you've fallen victim to a scam.

If the item was sent tracked/registered etc, you may be able to call Aus Post and get it redirected.

I would certainly call them to find out if they can assist you.

Always log in to PP to check that payment has processed before sending an item - never rely on anything sent via email.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I am a girl not a guy, but I will answer anyway. Have you logged into Paypal and checked "summary" to see if the payment is there but marked "pending" ?

For new Sellers funds are held by Paypal for 21 days. Is the item marked as "paid" in eBay ? To my knowledge, the address of the buyer is not available to you via eBay until the item is paid for. Did you get a message under your "sold items" saying to "send now" ?

If you go to your "sold" items in eBay and look at the dollar sign next to the listing, it will be blue if it has been paid, and hovering the mouse over it will tell you when it was paid.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I had this done on my first sale, a scammer from Nigeria, they sent a few fake emails with the eBay and Paypal logo, but no money was deposited in Paypal and the item was marked as unpaid in eBay.

Never trust the email, always authenicate them from the website. But Never entre those sites though any links on the fake email, that could also be to scam you off money.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Do you have another account,  as the account you are using here does not have any selling history, nothing current, sold or completed.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

it is quite common for a poster to have another id, just for this purpose - I see no need for this question or for the OP to answer it.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Sometimes we need to know if the poster is new to eBay in order to know how fully to explain things.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

it is quite common for a poster to have another id, just for this purpose - I see no need for this question or for the OP to answer it.

No one has any idea if it's a valuable bag or not and may be a target for a scammer (it's most likely a 21 day

hold IF they have another account that has low feedback).

If they have another account with higher feedback then it isn't likely to be a 21 day hold and they may have

been scammed instead.

Without that basic information that should be in a post then everyone is just guessing.

If this account is involved then they've listed and sold on a fake site as this account has no listings.

Op could just answer the question stating facts needed to answer the question without having to show another

ID (as it's their first post with this ID and they haven't been back they could be a newbie).good.gif

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

"it is quite common for a poster to have another id, just for this purpose - I see no need for this question or for the OP to answer it."

Is it also quite common for a seller who...

1.Is experienced enough to have a posting ID?

2.Then be fooled by a fake eBay/PayPal invoice?

3.Then ask for help yet provide no details?

Of course the question needed to be asked.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I am a girl not a guy, but I will answer anyway. Have you logged into Paypal and checked "summary" to see if the payment is there but marked "pending" ?

For new Sellers funds are held by Paypal for 21 days. Is the item marked as "paid" in eBay ? To my knowledge, the address of the buyer is not available to you via eBay until the item is paid for. Did you get a message under your "sold items" saying to "send now" ?

If you go to your "sold" items in eBay and look at the dollar sign next to the listing, it will be blue if it has been paid, and hovering the mouse over it will tell you when it was paid.

Well I think we would be more able to help if shoppingbag's points above were answered by the OP.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply