hello...selling clothes

i have so many clothes and things I thought ebay might be a good way to sell some off.

i'm not sure what's the best way to take the pictures and I think i need a better camera as i''m not happy with the way the way the pictures turn out. 

what's a good camera can anyone reccomend please?

also what's a best way to measure a skirt please?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

hello...selling clothes

i have so many clothes and things I thought ebay might be a good way to sell some off.

It would have been if AP hadn't made postage cost prohibitive

i'm not sure what's the best way to take the pictures and I think i need a better camera as i''m not happy with the way the way the pictures turn out. 

what's a good camera can anyone reccomend please?

Anything except your mobile & preferably not taken on the floor/thrown on a bed/sideways

also what's a best way to measure a skirt please?

Generally speaking,with a tape measure.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

ok thx 🙂

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

chezzy
Community Member

Picture quality *can* also depend on the driver (photographer) and not just the device.

I don't have/use a camera-phone but some of the listings I have seen can certainly be improved by the seller thinking about the composition, having the item showing the right way up, having more than one picture/angle, using an uncluttered background if possible or a contrasting colour background.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

The more natural light, the better and truer your colours will be.

Hang garments on a coat hanger or mannequin in front of a plain coloured wall or curtains.

A skirt should mention whether the waist is elasticised or not, and give measurements of the waist stretched and unstretched, also if it is a straight skirt you will need to give hip measurements, and also the length down the side seam, from waist to hem

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

You might also find that your photos will come up quite well with a little bit of editing (some basic things to experiment with are brightness / exposure, contrast, and colour temperature - if you don't have a photo editing program, Windows Photo Gallery is free and does all the above quite well).

When you describe clothes, the best thing to do is think about all the information you can get by being able to look, touch and try on in real life, then try to relate that in the description as much as possible. (eg, some things I tend to include are feel and relative weight of the fabric, inside width of belt loops and so on). 

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

thank you all for your good tips

foxette-in-sox what is AP?

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

thank you all for your good tips

foxette-in-sox what is AP?

Australia Post 😞

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

Australia Post = AP

To circumvent the high postage costs, I encourage combined postage. So the costs of postage can work in your favour. I.e. word your listing in a way that whilst it is reasonably expensive postage wise to purchase just one item, it would be far more economical to buy 2 or more of my items and save on postage costs.

So the postage prices don't need to be all doom and gloom, you can turn them around and have them work in your favour.

When working on this principle though, it's good to list a few things that may be compatible with each other, so that the buyer may be able to buy more than one item.

For example, matching accessories, (I've seen listings where a whole "ensemble" was photographed, but then each item offered for sale separately) (but make this very very clear in your listing! Make it clear exactly what the listing is for, ie one shirt, not the shoes, belt and skirt, because they are for "demonstration purposes only" And mention in you listing that the other items are available for sale, so "check out my other listings"

Or if you list one size 14 thing, list a few other things of similar size or that would compliment that as well.

I have recently had a customer complain that their shirt did not come with the wooden coathanger that it was hanging on in the picture..... so be very explicit about what the listing does and doesn't include.

Best of luck!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

hello...selling clothes

thank you crikey*mate that is some great ideas.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply