how to add postage insurance cost via Create your listing Australia

I can't work it out ... where is the "extra cover option"  .. all i see is a huge list of every other postage option (registered - express  ect but nothing for insurance which is the only  one that offers my money back in case of loss which seems to happen a lot more than 10 years ago .... i think its fraudalent buyers personally  ... thank you anyone in advance that offers help ..

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I'll b corrected if I'm wrong Shane, but I don't think you can, the way you are trying to do it.

It can be purchased though, if you use eBay labels. There is a checkbox there and then a dropdown.

Melina.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

If I am adding insurance or signature, I adjust the postage cost to include all in flat cost.

So if postage is 7.60, signature 3.00 and Insurance 3.00, I round the postage n handling to 15.00.

Stating in the listing that far regions in Aus may cost more in postage and to wait for an invoice.

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

thanks a lot . i will investigate ebay labels (what ever that is?) 

i was wondering , Do i need to connect to auspost website maybe ??

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

So its acceptable to add it to the handling charge ? thats what i will do but will say that in the listing . I find it odd that given insurance is the only real way of protecting me from loss that it's not promoted more .....reg mail is  proving it arrived but won't cover me for my money back if a problem

Thanks to all

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

We find MyPost a very handy tool to have. It puts everything at your fingertips.

that is a good suggestion from Kopes if you don't want to use eBay labels https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/search/site/Ebay%20labels

good luck.

Melina

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

It might be an idea for you to investigate seller protection in PayPal as well.

Melina.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@shanemattswrote:

So its acceptable to add it to the handling charge ? thats what i will do but will say that in the listing . I find it odd that given insurance is the only real way of protecting me from loss that it's not promoted more .....reg mail is  proving it arrived but won't cover me for my money back if a problem

Thanks to all

Yes it does.    Registered mail covers you for up to $100

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/compare-letter-services/registered-post-letters

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

You can add registered mail option for shipping on eBay for your items and explain in the item description that it comes with insurance.
Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

thanks everyone ...

i've added into the description that the postage is extra and tacked it onto the handling fee.

that will do it for now until find better option ....

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply