i am being harassed by a buyer

Anonymous
Not applicable

a buyer wanted a beanie i had listed.i state no pickups,i am elderly & have a disabled husband.but as she lived in the area i agreed.she didn't bid on the item,but after it came off she emailed saying she had missed it,could  she come pay me cash.i had already relisted it.so told her to bid, if she won it i would send her an invoice minus the postage cost.then she sent me an email stating how dare i charge her postage,that she was trying to save me ebay fees,i have blocked her & told ebay .but have had two emails from her this morning.i am really worried.i feel like closing down my site,so it will all go away

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: i am being harassed by a buyer

@zigzagdot wrote:

SHE WAS VERY VINDICTIVE.I WAS POLITE & NEVER GOT RUFFLED WITH HER.SHE UNDERSTOOD.SHE JUST WANTED EVERYTHING ON HER TERMS

She is trying to INTIMIDATE you Kathleen, it could be that she has done this before and succeeded, she hopes that the aggressive behaviour will scare you into giving in and let her have it on her terms.  You could also lay a charge with the police for harassment and issue her with a warning if she continues to bother you.

**sigh**

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I had to get really stern with this student I was telling you about, the more I told her I don't allow pickups, the more she tried to get around it.   She suggested us meeting at a central point if she could not come to my house.   She had won the Auction and now I had to try get her to cancel the transaction and of course she was not in the market for that.  She kept insisting wanting to know why I don't allow pickups, which I said was none of her business, I just don't.

Why can't I make an exception, she is just a poor student who lives in my area, she does not mean any harm.  It just went on and on.

I'm really wary of the types that harass you about a piece of clothing, one would think it's just not worth it, that is the scary bit, hard to get rid of them, they just don't take no for an answer.  My case eventually ended with me threatening to go to the Police, in the end she agreed to close the case but it took days of intense correspondence, she just would not give up.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if eBay paid Sellers for sharing their expertise, currently eBay only pays a company to run their forums.
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I have had a buyer accuse me of selling counterfeit sunglasses. She asked me to provide the receipt which I did. She said that Michael Kors sunglasses don’t bend and the lenses are made of plastic. I have checked the website and the lenses are made of plastic. I bought them from an optometrist. I have refused to refund the $60 due to the fact I think she has damaged them to her saying that metal doesn’t bend. What is the best option for me?
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

This woman is an absolute nightmare
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I hope you didn't give her the receipt to take away?

All I can think of is if she does open a dispute, you could scan that receipt to support your claim they are genuine.

In hindsight, even if you were going to give a buyer the original receipt, it probably would be a good idea to scan first, just to be on the safe side.

I suppose the only other option that i can think of is to offer a refund on return of the glasses in the condition they were sold, and that must include the original receipt if she took that away. It's not ideal I know as you'd be out of pocket postage costs.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Is she actually harrassing you? Is that why you dragged up a 6 year old thread, rather than starting a new one? Or reading the myriad more recent threads about problem buyers?

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply