item to VIC possibly missing?

arrrghh!! items sent letter rate (no tracking) to VIC 3rd week of sept.  just heard not turned up.

other than suggesting buyer checks with their local post office if it happens to be waiting there for them, is there anything else I can suggest?

geeze why do Aus Post provide a post service if its a gamble if it gets there?!

since posting this one have bought trackable pre paid letter envelopes, however this doesn't help this purchase.

TIA

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: item to VIC possibly missing?

You are always at the whim of the buyer sending untracked. It doesn't matter if they've received it or not, you can't prove delivery, as you never could do.

Nothing to do with AP, as the onus of proof is on you.

They might have received it, they might not. It's irrelevant. Refund and get on with your life.

I don't really understand why you are posting this. You are not exactly a newbie.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

arrrghh!! items sent letter rate (no tracking) to VIC 3rd week of sept.  just heard not turned up.

other than suggesting buyer checks with their local post office if it happens to be waiting there for them, is there anything else I can suggest?

Letters do not get held at the PO unless the recipient has lodged a hold while they are on holidays, for instance.

geeze why do Aus Post provide a post service if its a gamble if it gets there?!

since posting this one have bought trackable pre paid letter envelopes, however this doesn't help this purchase.

TIA

AP has always provided a good reliable service until coronavirus hit the world.  There was no gamble involved until Victoria went into the second lockdown which slowed things down even more than usual.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

no not a newbie, but things change all the time... ebay, AP, etc.

I can see its likely I'll be refunding, had just hoped a forum reader may have had some helpful suggestions.

negatively not necessary dave!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

thanks lyndal, things used to get left at the post office when they carded parcels, or items that wouldn't fit in post boxes.  maybe that doesn't happen anymore.  hence my Q.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I just received an email from a buyer that her letter arrived yesterday.....31 days after being posted from Sydney to Melbourne

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Parcels and letters are vastly different....letters do not go to the PO unless they require a signature and nobody is home as they can just be left in the letterbox.

The ordinary postie does not deliver parcels that are too big for a letterbox.

Only AP contractors and StarTrack couriers can deliver to a PO Box or leave parcels there if there is nobody home.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply