make an offer - auction format

dingoe
Community Member

Could somebody please advise on how to 'ADD' the option of "make offer" to an auction format listing. The listing page has no box to tick. Only if I make the format Fixed Price will it allow me the choice.
I am not a new seller. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: make an offer - auction format

@dingoe wrote:

No I meant I am the seller, but I have been selling for years (not a newbie). Apparently, the 'make offer' is added to new ebay members. I actually want to add it to some of my listings but cannot. Here is an example - item number 202323612262

I just want to know how to do it, even customer service can't answer my question. Hoping someone can, thanks

How bizarre - according to eBay AU's help page, make an offer can not be added to auction listings. Smiley Frustrated

In this case, if curiosity was getting the better of me, I'd message the (or a) seller and ask (they may not reply, but it's probably the only way to confirm if or how they did it themselves).

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: make an offer - auction format

Mystery solved.  In an email I got a couple of days ago about using Quicklist, it says this:

Auction with Best Offer:

Give buyers the chance to bid
or make you an offer

I haven't clicked on the link so I don't know where it goes, but I know where I'm going - bed!

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply