managed payments and personal information.

Is it true that to sign up for managed payments, eBay demands heaps of personal information, and also we have to once again prove who we are and upload bank account details etc,etc. All of this personal informtion is then sent to a third party which eBay is then not responsible for. I would like to hear from those who have already signed up, as to whether this is true or not.

Message 1 of 118
Latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

Re: managed payments and personal information.

I am thinking eBay, as most questions posted are not even aware of the name Adyen, I shall endevour to find out on my excursion into the land of eBay LOL

Message 41 of 118
Latest reply

yes definatley with all this ID fraud they asking for your licence how are they verifying it ...i also agree with you

Message 42 of 118
Latest reply

Probably through freely available Government sources.

The plus with Managed Payments is it will get rid of the conspiracy theorists.

Message 43 of 118
Latest reply

And dont forget, ebay has been hacked in the past. There is no way I am giving out my details just for managed payment.

Message 44 of 118
Latest reply

Yellowduck

In 2014 eBay was hacked and all passwords locked out immediately - crisis averted, and nothing to do with financial records. Not sure where you got your information, but it is nothing short of scare mongering.

This . While there is no reliable data on this for the current year, data breach statistics from 2018 show that over 2.5 billion accounts were hacked in that year < relates to Banks Yes Banks hacked in Australia up to 2018

You do not have to sign up if you do not want to, it is your choice.

You just can't sell on this platform until you do.

Message 45 of 118
Latest reply

Although I doubt this is going to make the diehard objectionists feel any better, there are actually pretty strict laws in place surrounding privacy and personal info data protection that eBay has to comply with - above and beyond what they had to do for the basic info they already have, like names, phone numbers, email and postal addresses, plus credit card info for those that had that on file for payment of fees or verifying their account, I mean.   

This doesn't mean it's impossible for it to be compromised, but it should be encrypted and very difficult to make any practical use of. 

Message 46 of 118
Latest reply

Oh My god, now eBay request me upload my photo of ID, They have all my personal information, that's just breach the privacy Act. Tooo much.

Message 47 of 118
Latest reply

As you are already on Managed Payments you will need to verify your bank account as they request, any funds from sales made once on MP can only be transfered from eBay in to a bank account, so.........

Message 48 of 118
Latest reply

Iโ€™ve been selling for years on eBay and I always get a invoice from eBay telling me how much I or and they direct debit each time my fees. 
however this time I received a strange message telling me I have a $26 transaction fee ? Strange? And therefore I would have to update some personal info & bank details in order to not only pay for fee but also that all my future payouts would be blocked ... hmmmm 

No thanks ebay I just made a new account and they never asked me for additional info 

I think theyโ€™re going broke and stealing money from innocent people if they take $26 from 1 million people they will be filthy rich 

thatโ€™s how it works !!!

Message 49 of 118
Latest reply

Adyen is very large and reputable company. Besides eBay they process payments for the following companies in addition to many others.

1. McDonalds
  2. Etsy
  3. Uber
  4. Microsoft 
  5. Tiffany and Company 
  6. Gap Stores
  7. Spotify
  8. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  9. Netflix
  10. Subway Sandwiches 

If there was any concerns about data security they wouldnโ€™t have that many large customers

Message 50 of 118
Latest reply