missing item

I recently posted a 3kg satchel to Surrey Hills with a tracking number. The buyer contacted me about 2 weeks later stating she didn't receive it. A search of the tracking number showed it had been delivered to Surrey Hills 2 days after I posted it via "safe drop" (whatever that is, I didn't request it).

The buyer contacted Australia Post and was told a person unknown to either of us had signed for it. The buyer opened an appeal which was found in her favour because I apparently posted it to the wrong address.

This was a standard 3kg satchel which did not require a signature, sent by tracking, to Surrey Hills. I feel I have been unfairly dealt with, although I do understand that the buyer was left without an item.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: missing item

Yes definitely should have lodged your case with AP first and have that evidence to present to any eBay appeal.
Going to appeal without any new supporting evidence is very likely to fail and you will then have lost your chance to have it overturned.
Good luck with it.
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

That is true. I've never had a tracked item disappear before, so I guess you live and learn. Thanks for the advice. I'm still waiting for the outcome of the appeal, but without backup from AP, it doesn't sound like I have much of a chance.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I would still raise a disputed delivery case with AP.

That will take about 10-days to get a result, and hopefully show the GPS delivery point as the buyer's address you mailed to.

And then, even if ebay still find the appeal against you try them again with the new AP evidence.

You never know... you might get a sympathetic ear from a CSR. Stranger things have happened.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply