my buyer claim that she didn't receive item

Hi Everyone

I have a buyer who opened case and said  that she didn't receive the item, I used tracking no. requesting signature parcel to post the item to her, I tracked it on line, the item really has not delivery records, I asked post office, the post office investiaged it two weeks, then they told me that they couldn't track it, so they decided that they only will give me postage compensation, they won't t give me the item value compensation because I didn't buy extra cover. But I read it the post office brochures, they said the parcel with signature will cover under $100 if the parcel lost. Why the post office denies what they wrote on the brochures?

Please has anyone had this exprience? How can i deal with this case? Should I refund the buyer's money? or shall I wait for the ebay's decision? I will appricate you very much if I can get someon's help, thank you very much.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: my buyer claim that she didn't receive item

I'd wait to see what eBay says. You will probably be covered by the Seller's protection policy because you had tracking. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@craftycornersaus wrote:

I'd wait to see what eBay says. You will probably be covered by the Seller's protection policy because you had tracking. 

The point is if A post lost it, they should compo and hence buyer is covered. If ebay just knock back a claim buyer has no protection. Unless paypal wear it on behalf of buyer

Do you have any record of item actually being lodged.? If you paid for sig and there is no record of it actually being posted AP, AP are not liable. eg if using prepaid sig labels and street lodged it if it disappears before being scanned at delivery centre there is no evidence you actually posted it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/compensation.html

click on the one that applies to your situation.

even normal domestic parcels it states:
In some cases, where Extra Cover is not purchased, compensation up to a maximum of $50 and a refund of postage may be payable, or we may elect to repair or replace the item up to $50 value, at our absolute discretion.

I would be pushing for compo

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I too would be going after AP but I would also refund the buyer as I don't think they should be out of pocket regardless of you being able to win an ebay or Paypal dispute.

AP will try to wriggle out of compensating you but if you protest enough and tell them you are going to apply to the postal Ombudsman (or whatever complaint authority is in place) they will more than likely give you a discretional refund without admitting liability.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

This is the crucial factor here. Even when you have tracking such as click & send you also need to have that proof of lodgement. If you drop a C&S parcel into a red street box then you do not have a lodgement receipt and will therefore likely lose any INR case. Always lodge over the counter and get that receipt.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Check the FB to see if they have a history of claiming NRI,serial scammers are out there.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I too would be going after AP but I would also refund the buyer as I don't think they should be out of pocket regardless of you being able to win an ebay or Paypal dispute.

AP will try to wriggle out of compensating you but if you protest enough and tell them you are going to apply to the postal Ombudsman (or whatever complaint authority is in place) they will more than likely give you a discretional refund without admitting liability.

Postal Industry Ombudsman
www.pio.gov.au

OP, it is not the buyers fault that the parcle has gone missing. I would refund them and then file a complaint about your treatment from Australia Post.
If you show Australia Post that you will not give up about this issue, they will refund you. Stand up for your rights!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply