need some advice

i sorry may be a little long winded-
recently sold an item to a buyer, he started by saying could he pay at the end of the long weekend, yep no worries,
tuesday morning he asked if i has posted yet, i replied no it’s only just post the long weekend and i would post asap (within my 3 days as per the listing) and as the tracking number.
his reply was to say that it was no longer a long weekend and it still wasn’t posted, i again reiterated he would see the tracking number.
i posted wednesday with tracking, he contacted me again on frost asking why the tracking wasn’t showing e exactly where it was and could i follow up, again i replies with its not due for delivery until the 5 th and it only updates once through a larger facility.
i have another message again today - wanting me to submit an inquiry to australia post, as to where it is and why it’s not delivered..... he i can see has submitted an inquiry it still isn’t due for delivery until tomorrow....
he’s really starting to annoy me with his constant harassing emails.... i’ve resigned myself to a negative, does anyone have any good ideas on how to deal with him?
thanks in anticipation
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

need some advice

apologies for some of the spelling, auto correct is annoying when i’m on my phone!
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

need some advice

Not much you can do at this point.

How experienced a buyer is he? If he's bought more than one item with tracking he knows how the system works.

He certainly has issues and I suspect you are right about the neg. Depending on how it's worded you could possibly get it removed.

What I would do now is put him on your blocked list. That way he will have to find somebody else to annoy in future.

You can probably expect another message tomorrow when he finds he can't open an INR case. Normal AP delivery estimates are 2-6 days, so with your 3 day handling the latest estimated delivery won't be until Friday.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

need some advice

i’ve already blocked him, he has a feedback score of 26, but i do know some people use multiple ids - i do have tight restrictions.... so who knows....
i may need a hand on how to word a response to the negative (if) when it comes!!
thanks for your reply
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

need some advice

To possibly avoid a neg - 

I would send him a message as soon as it shows delivered.

Dear buyer, I am glad the item arrived even though there might have been a slight delay with Australia Post.

Should you wish to make another purchase in future I will offer a discount for you. Kind regards,

Then put him on your BBL. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

need some advice

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Dear buyer, I am glad the item arrived even though there might have been a slight delay with Australia Post.

Should you wish to make another purchase in future I will offer a discount for you. Kind regards,

Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

need some advice

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Well that is a %100 discount, can't get any better than that.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

need some advice

How many days did he take to pay, and did he pay exactly when he said he would?

I'd be inclined to write something alone the lines of, "I can't get to the PO every day so I have my handling time set at 3 days so that buyers know what to expect and aren't disappointed.  Handling time means the number of days between when you pay and when I post, and you can find my handling time under the postage tab (next to the description tab) in the body of the listing.  If you needed the item urgently you should have asked before you bid whether I'd be able to post it the same day you paid, and perhaps even asked about express postage.  As it is, you paid on the long weekend and the earliest it could have been posted was Tuesday, and I was unable to post it then so I sent it on the Wed, still well within my 3 day handling time."

If he gets narky after that you could always say, "I was courteous enough to allow you extra time to pay so please extend me the same courtesy re posting it.  You took X days to pay but it was only ONE day before I posted it."  Don't say that unless you really have to because pointing out that someone is in the wrong only makes them angry (most people anyway), even if you're spot on with what you say.  In other words, try and make him feel a bit guilty without directly accusing him of anything.  .

He's either very inexperienced, or impatient, or he's working up to try and get it for free.

Also tell him that Aust Post won't even start to look into it until it's a couple of weeks overdue.  You could perhaps add that ebay's ESTIMATED delivery date is XXX and that at busy times the tracking isn't updated at every step along the way.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply