negative feeback and feedback extortion

Hi

would appreciate some advice - 

I rarely have trouble with buyers - if I make a mistake i refund, if I haven't I let it go to dispute, which has occured maybe 3 times in 5 years,  and sometimes ebay even finds in my favour

Recently had a dreadful buyer, right from the get go launched into a diatribe of abuse, threatening negative feedback if I didn't give her a refund immediately etc etc. It was clear from a number of her comments she had not read the description at all

got CS involved - she was reproted for abuse and for feedback extrotion

As I couldnt' have a rationale conversation with her, it went to dispute and ebay  found in her favour. which was disappointing but not at all unexpected

However she has left negative feedback and a rant

First off - and obviously I have got this wrong - I thought the option to leave feedback was removed when you went to dispute?

Second of all - surely it's not appropriate she can leave feedback when she threatned feedback extortion  was reported for feedback extortion?

What are my chances of getting the feedback removed - if any?

She made a number of inaccurate statements in her feedback. 

It would be absolutely pointless asking her to revise it.

Is there even an option to have feedback removed any longer?

Any advice?

thanks so much

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

By way of a PS. as time ran out to edit.

I was intrigued by the lady's comment that the photos were of a frock you sold years ago.

That info is not in the listing so is that something you told her via messages?

And is that the case? Is it true that none of the photos in the listing are of the actual frock you sold?

If that is the case, then I can understand why ebay sided with the buyer.

Or was that one of the inaccurate statements you were referring to?

Wow, really better to use all your own photos, what a confusing mess.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Only chance is to go for ebay's feedback revision request. I was really surprised as ebay recently removed a negative that a buyer had left for me for item not as stated. I pointed out in my request to ebay that I had in fact clearly stated that fact in my listing, and ebay sided with me.

I certainly did not expect that so it was a very pleasant surprise. 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Also good to mention in listings, (apologies if this has already been said) a reference to the fact that monitors differ depending on settings etc and colours may appear darker or lighter than the actual item. If in doubt, email prior to bidding or buying.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Sorry for your experience.

I have no confidence in ebay supporting the sellers.

I had a neutral feedback saying postage was way overcharged which was not true.

I messaged the buyer asking why he thought I overcharged and there was no reply.

I used the new "report buyer" link on the feedback page and all ebay does is send a message to the buyer saying I wanted the feedback revised and telling me that if the buyer doesn't  reply or revise I should "respect their decision"   !!!!

There is no-one in ebay who looks into  our problems with buyers. It is all automatic. 

They do no more than we can do ourselves by messaging the buyer. 

My buyer has even replied to my comment on my feedback that he checked the AU calculator and it said it should have been under $13.00  and that would only be if he had not put in the weight and dims.

I can't even reply to that now.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Hi Kit,  I thought this might have been resolved by now, seeing as the FB references an ebay dispute, but

I see the  Red Dot still remains, so you might try this.

Contact  ebay  CS, advise them that the FB is Defamatory and request it be removed.

Best of luck

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Contact ebay again and speak to a supervisor  if the supervisor still thinks its not extortion ask her to run it past the team manager. That message surely should be classed as feedback extortion.

You WILL refund my money. I will be asking eBay and PayPal to do so. And i will be leaving a negative review if you don’t.'

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

update

:

@kittinkaboodle wrote:

Hi

would appreciate some advice - 

I rarely have trouble with buyers - if I make a mistake i refund, if I haven't I let it go to dispute, which has occured maybe 3 times in 5 years,  and sometimes ebay even finds in my favour

Recently had a dreadful buyer, right from the get go launched into a diatribe of abuse, threatening negative feedback if I didn't give her a refund immediately etc etc. It was clear from a number of her comments she had not read the description at all

got CS involved - she was reproted for abuse and for feedback extrotion

As I couldnt' have a rationale conversation with her, it went to dispute and ebay  found in her favour. which was disappointing but not at all unexpected

However she has left negative feedback and a rant

First off - and obviously I have got this wrong - I thought the option to leave feedback was removed when you went to dispute?

Second of all - surely it's not appropriate she can leave feedback when she threatned feedback extortion  was reported for feedback extortion?

What are my chances of getting the feedback removed - if any?

She made a number of inaccurate statements in her feedback. 

It would be absolutely pointless asking her to revise it.

Is there even an option to have feedback removed any longer?

Any advice?

thanks so much

feedback will be removed - if it hasnt' already.  It was surprisingly easy. I contacted CS and put in the summarise the issue bar that I wasnt' feedback removed as it violated ebay policies. I provdided the item number. Teh CS rep asked for a few minutes to view the case and then immediatley contacted me back stating "Please allow me to share that I've removed the feedback from your account successfully as it'll get updated within the next 24-48 hours. Hence you're not required to worry further."  

That was it.  I mean i know thats how it SHOULD work, but I was really prepared to get the run around

Thanks so much to all of you  who actually answered my question and attempted to assist and offer advice and support

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply