no wonder sales have stopped.

been trying to buy stuff on ebay with the new cart and it wouldn't let me pay. 

tried again this morning and only after i clicked on view other payment methods was i able to finally get the paypal button to work.

only because i needed the bags for my sales did i try over and over.

wonder how many people just give up out of frustration as i did several times and go elsewhere to buy.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I had a buyer message and say they couldn't pay for an item they wanted to purchase .... sale lost 😞

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Everything I tried to purchase yesterday had the same problem. Couldn't buy anything, and then when I closed the Ebay tab on my 'puter the items all disappeared out of the cart. I will try again today *sigh*

Latest reply

Had a buyer message me a couple of weeks ago saying she was getting some kind of odd error message when trying to buy an item with variations.

She sent a screen shot of the error which I've never seen before. I checked our listing and it appeared to be working OK from my end. The error was something about variations.

I could see from the image that it appeared she was using a mobile device and the ebay app. So I asked her to try again but using a desktop/laptop. She replied saying that she does all of her buying on her phone and had never had a problem before, but that she would try again when she got home.

Later that evening there was a sale from her but no more messages, so I can only assume it must have worked at home.

In this case we still got the sale but could have just as easily lost it due to some random ebay glitch. Likely their app in this case.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

i know i've ranted on this before - but i still cannot get over the fact that after 10 or so years, the "page not responding" errors which pop up randomly still haven't been fixed. any experienced IT tech should be able to have nutted out this problem in a few hours, if not days - and it's been 10 years. 

i also know i'm not the only one who gets it cause it's well-documented on google. 

anyway, what i'm trying to say is i have no faith in the website / app not having glitches, whether persistent or random if they can't fix one problem which has been ongoing for 10 years. the glitches will keep continuing and will no doubt be fobbed off. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

This may not be relevant but a buyer messaged me yesterday saying she was unable to leave positive feedback.

My sales were going fairly well but stopped dead on 4/10/17 nothing since 

Spoiler
Man Sad
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I suspect ebay have spent years constantly changing, adding, changing, patching and adding to their systems to the stage where they are a total mess. If a change is made it seems to have unintended consequences somewhere else. The whole thing needs to be scrapped and a new simple system introduced and start with a blank canvas again.   Yeah dream on !!!!

As for sales I,m still getting a reasonable number although they may be down a little bit. I was quite happy with last weeks sales and had a reasonably busy day packing on Monday.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I think there's a number of issues plaguing sellers at the moment. Our listing pics won't enlarge and likewise we've had issues with payments, although just the one. I've been unable to revise our listings too. Giorgio, made a couple of mistakes that are important to fix. And sometimes if we click on 'Other Items' we receive an error message - try again later. Even though very new back here I know you really only get that one shot at having a potential buyer look at your other 'stuff.'

I'm trying hard to be objective and fair, but I honestly can't remember any of this, early days, or when we were last selling. Seller Hub, although fantastic, needs a lot of work. I report faults with it, but never hear back and the faults continue. It's eBay's engine room for sellers and from a pure business point of view if it was mine I'd be working on it 24/7 until it was 100% perfect.

ebay and it's top echelon is very hard to figure at times. They're not unintelligent people, because they wouldn't be there if they were. Is it apathy? Arrogance - be happy with what you've got? Who knows.

What I'm sure of though is this. The success of eBay, up until say the past few years will have engendered the technical and financial interest of others, some high ballers with billions laying about waiting to be invested in something new and better. I have no doubt that somewhere in this world eBay's downfall is being plotted as I write. How often have we seen it happen with other top Enders? They seem oblivious to it though, either that of my imagination is just too far out there.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply