positive and 5 stars

I just wanted to say something about this.On a thread recently a seller said they could not understand why a buyer would leave a positive without 5 stars in every line.At the time I had to go to work and now I cannot find thread to reply but thought it was interesting.

I have only ever left one Neg in all my transactions but have marked down stars due to one thing being wrong like post;

For example, I brought some plant bulbs off a seller and on asking for post was told they would need a 5kg express post bag at $25 ..OK I agreed I assumed they must be big

When they arrived They were actually 1.3 kg ,she had used a 5kg express post bag  stuffed with newspaper so I got what I paid for but To this day it is a mystery to me why she needed a 5kg express post bag for 1.3kg of bulbs that last fine in post.The bulbs were great big healthy ones and she had given me 20 extra so I would not consider a neg but gave pos and 5 stars for description,communication and post time but 2 stars for post cost .as everything else was great

I think that this was fair as it would not be in anyway fair to neg her over it when that was all that was wrong and the stars are a way to reflect where there is only a small problem in one area .

Message 1 of 94
Latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: positive and 5 stars

Cat's to focused on weight and not volume, i did ask her the question earlier but she won't answer.

Message 81 of 94
Latest reply

I personally wouldn't want to pay extra for Express post (don't live in a 1 day guaranteed delivery zone). I would have asked the seller if they could send the parcel by regular post.

I wouldn't mark down a sellers ratings if I accepted their postage cost before bidding.
Message 82 of 94
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

Well good for you.

Now i've got this Bridge for sale....................................................................................lolSmiley Wink

I don't buy from boardies who whinge about others OPs Cat Wink

Message 83 of 94
Latest reply

Nobody wants to pay more than they have too, that's a given.

My beef is that the O.P entered into a contract for a quoted price and has now come to an open forum and told the world that see agreed to the quoted price, but, i'll mark the seller down for charging me to much, the seller out of the goodness of there own heart has added 20 FREE items at no extra cost the the O.P.

That's the difference between the buyer and the seller.Smiley Surprised

Message 84 of 94
Latest reply

So you would by it?Smiley LOL

Message 85 of 94
Latest reply

Thats how you see it.

I don't see it that way.

I am not sure why I have conform to how you see it.

I am a seller and a buyer, and don't think there is a "universal" selling view on anything much. We all have our own approach.

I understand where the OP is coming from with their OP and agree with their call based on the information they provided and the assessment the OP made.

I think the OP is entitled to post on the buying discussion boards without being called cruel, or having a sook, or other such sentiments.

Message 86 of 94
Latest reply

Quite happy to receive 20 free bulbs - what were the value of these free bulbs..OP?

The buyer was unfair to give the seller 2 stars for postage cost. Received a postage cost before buying. Didn't query the need for a 5kg satchel with the seller after she received it... Giving the seller right of reply.
Message 87 of 94
Latest reply

Who cares, it's the gesture that counts.Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 94
Latest reply

The value of the free 20 bulbs may work out that they buyer got a very good deal overall $ wise.
Message 89 of 94
Latest reply

Yes i agree with you, the buyer does have the right to do and say as they feel.

You don't have to conform to my way, i'm taking a moral stance on the issue and your not, that's your choice.

So you believe that the O.P should of kicked the buyer in the guts without knowing if the items would of fitted into a cheaper satchel?

Message 90 of 94
Latest reply