private listing for a buyer

Hi 

A New ebayer wanted to buy several books but said she couldn't work out how to buy several books without paying individual postage. I tried walking buyer through the steps but she was unable to do so she has asked me if I could set up a private listing with what she wants to buy plus postage but not sure how to do this or even if it is possible to set up at all.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks, Trisha

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There have been some problems with multiple purchases.

Doing a listing for the buyer is probably the easiest.

Just list the books in the description and have a pic of at least one of the books then in the title just put Private Listing of 4 books for specific buyer. (or however many)

Put a total price BIN and the postage price to send the lot.

Then message the buyer with the listing number.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks that seems easy enough.

Trisha

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I set them with a BIN at least double the price with make an offer enabled. The buyer offers the agreed amount and I sell to them.

Saves the chances of gazumpers.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I set them with a BIN at least double the price with make an offer enabled. The buyer offers the agreed amount and I sell to them.

Saves the chances of gazumpers.

I do it in a similar manner,(set a high BIN with the correct postage and the offer feature).

This was after someone else bought a private listing I had made up for a buyer,(luckily I had another item and

I set it up with the higher BIN and offer which was bought by the correct buyer).

There hasn't been a problem selling with private listings since,good.gif

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Just another idea as I do it slightly differently because I figure if another buyer stumbles across the listing, I don't necessarily want them to be put off by an exorbitant price, it might stop them looking any further at my other listings - so in the title I put something along the lines of Custom Listing for Ann and I put the correct actual BIN price (and msg the buyer the instant I have listed).  That way, as happened once, a random buyer saw the listing and messaged to ask if they could buy something similar Smiley Happy  I do understand though, there is the risk the wrong buyer will jump in and buy. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Double? Pffft. The last time I did it, I put a price of $20,000 for a $70 purchase. The buyer commented that even though they knew the $70 was the correct price, they still felt like they were getting a bargain with such a price difference.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Most of them are around the $20-30 mark and I usually BIN at $100. Nice round figure.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply