"You made the sale for xxxx" ???

I wish eBay would just leave things alone. If its not broke, etc. Just when you get used to a new system (eg, listing designer) they go and break it again and make it even more dysfunctional. And it always gets worse. evern new change is worse than the last one

Today I open my inbox and the first item is You made the sale (item bname)

WHAT? What kind of Chinglish is this? On what planet does anyone speak like this?

What happened to SOLD: (item name)>??

Clear, concise, simple, and at a pinch allows me to SORT EMAILS to find what has sold over the last few days

"You made the sale for"??

Seriously?

/rantoff

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

I am not a seller, but yes, I agree it sounds a bit odd. I hope it is not a phishing email. Just be cautious.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

It certainly sounds a lot like it (phishing email that is)

Exactly the kind of wording they use in those

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

I can live with this but in the middle of doing some new listings noticed more changes to the postage and payment options. 

I cant see how to change the handling time or for that matter anything at all. It looks like you have to set up different policies.

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

it does sound a bit odd - my recent emails say "Your item has sold"   or "Your ebay item has sold"

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

Apparently other people got the same email format and were suspicious too, for example in the UK: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Moan-about-new-Sale-Notification-email-format/...

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

It appears after looking up how to change buyer email details I have changed something which effects my listing page policies.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

It is not hard to see if you make a sale that shows in your ebay sale list and you receive only one email at the same time that is more than likely from ebay. 

If you did not make a sale then yes it is very suspicious. 

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

Today I open my inbox and the first item is You made the sale (item bname)

Me, too...it's legit, sadly!

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I can live with this but in the middle of doing some new listings noticed more changes to the postage and payment options. 

I cant see how to change the handling time or for that matter anything at all. It looks like you have to set up different policies.

eBay issue reported via Ecommerce EKG, A global systems announcement board for all of the major mark...

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply