return from overseas ... your advice please

Hi all,

a buyer  purchased a fragile item which I am certain I packaged immaculately for its trip to the USA.  they have sent me a photo of damage to one side of the glaze of the ceramic item.

what can I do?  Its just bad luck, and possibly the nature of the state of the glaze, I mentioned a few irrugularaties of the item but they have sent me a photo and it didn't look like that when it left here.

I don't want to end up out of pocket for the return postage back to australia as it wasn't cheap and I don't want to give the item to them either!

btw I don't use the ebay postage labels which I know are part of the return process. but there are ways around the return labels of course

any suggestions, they paid with paypal. I did suggest they take it with all the packaging to their local post office and lodge a complaint, however I'm not sure how that works in the USA.

thanks 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If you want to justify any type of theft then you can't complain if your buyers do the same to you. Relevant to thread or not, it won't help your case if you continue to justify your actions.
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

I had already removed the listing, previously realised my bad lyndal.   its not like I stole their photos, a couple of lines if that, and it wasn't word for word  - altho did include the spelling mistake so backfired.  Its not actually related to the topic of this thread.

True, it is not related to the topic of this thread.

Would you prefer rocket to start a new thread?   Many more members would probably see it that way.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Obv. you want me to reply to your threats.  As I said it was REMOVED, it was my bad and yes busted for a couple of lines.  we all do our research before listing an item. Between rocket and me

No-ones perfect.  I've seen you be slain on these boards before tippy. 

thanks for you help. This will be my last reply

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

Obv. you want me to reply to your threats.  As I said it was REMOVED, it was my bad and yes busted for a couple of lines.  we all do our research before listing an item. Between rocket and me

No-ones perfect.  I've seen you be slain on these boards before tippy. 

thanks for you help. This will be my last reply

?????????????????????

Spoiler
I write my own descriptions and have never copied anyone's. The only time I might steal something is if someone else is selling a red item and I'm selling a red item, we both use the word red.
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Besides, the listing ended.     It wasn't  'removed'  as I see it.          Image result for smiley digging hole animated

Just not re-listed..........so far.............

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

Obv. you want me to reply to your threats. 

What threats?

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I think they meant threads (not threats!)

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply