returns

Can someone clarify this situation for me please?

I had a buyer who started a return request not knowing i get a defect and as they felt bad they then closed it.

Do i still receive a defect for this?

I have agreed to a partial refund because its just not worth it to spend more on shipping.

What is the best way to do this without receiving defects from ebay?

The buyer is being very helpful and is happy to do it however is best for me from here on.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: returns

I'm pretty sure the defect sticks because the dispute was initiated, but hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If the buyer is willing to help you, which some are, maybe they could send eBay an email stating that they opened the dispute in error. I would contact them myself as well to try and get the defect removed. I've had 3 defects removed in as many weeks, so they may be open to removing yours too. If the buyer has stated in a message that they made a mistake, ask eBay to read the messages between you both, as that may go in your favour. Just make sure you are civil in your correspondence.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If the dispute clearly states there is a problem with the item rather than change of mind then it will stick. Buyer later saying otherwise they will see as manipulating the system. So I don't like your chances if that is the case. If buyer then gives you a 3DSR foer as described you will get a defect anyway so it would be irrelevent

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

thanks for the advice guys.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply