sales almost stopped since Election 2022

Is it just me or has others sales taken a nosedive since the Australian Election? Some decline may be due to seasonal factors as I sell mainly Cactus and Succulents but not this much?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Something something Amazon, are you just here to validate your claims so you feel more secure about yourself? Things goes up and down all the time

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

What occurred for me was a deep plunge in views and watches of my items. This has been the case since about the start of the election campaign.

Sales have been way down for that period, as well, but have now had a bumper weekend.

Go figure!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

People might be saving for their next power bill, or trying to qualify for a loan for a tank of juice.

Don't know that the election has had any impact on anything yet.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Well there was that one special person who came on here and hurled a massive, abusive tanty the second it was announced Scotty from Marketing was out

Maybe they threw their watchlist out of their pram along with their toys?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Could be many things.

It could be because interest rates have gone up.

It could be that inflation is 5%, but wages haven't gone up. And that means money that could have gone to necessities like pretty plants now go to luxuries like food and fuel and mortgages.

It could be because it is nigh on winter, and plants aren't front of mind.

Unlikely that it's the election, but grasp any straws you find.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

If you search the forum, you will see that quite a few sellers have posted about the same problem in the last few months, well before the election, so the real problem is most likely one or more of the factors listed above by other posters.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Sales have been way down for the entire year so far. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply