sellers rights etc

I'm getting super confused with how ebay operates

I'm a small volime seller, but I do rely to an extent on the little I earn from here, and hope to get bigger . . But . . 

I've just experienced last nights out, and in doing some research on the forums have been made aware of other ebay dramas such as "defects"

And there seems to be alot of discussion around what we can do, as we all have a vested interest, but a difficulty in finding a way for our voices and opinions to be heard by ebay, and I mean heard as in "listened to"

Surely we have the right and option to let a business partnerknow we are unhappy with certain arrangements, of course, they don't have to listen or act, but then if they persist or get worse in their approach, they must understand that this may have consequences.

This is the internet in 2014, there must be a way we can organise ourselves and put forward a strong argument, that ebay would have to listen to?

It's common sense good business practice to listen to the complaints of your customers - many of us know that your best customers can be the ones complain, pointing things out to you that you can't easliy see from the inside.

I know there isn't a viable alternative out there, but there could be given enough momentum and willpower, ebay won't have the monopoly forever . . .

Discuss . .  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: sellers rights etc

The big problem is, eBay won't listen. The robots are trained to be just that. What they say goes and no correspondence will be entered into. They can strip your selling rights in a heartbeat.....but will graciously continue to let you buy. Put one foot wrong and you're gone.

Yet, you can keep breaking the rules, keep breaking the law and eBay turns a blind eye. Go figure!

I have just sent you a PM too.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Boy that was quick, read the post then it was gone ???

Robart05 - The CEO of ebay made a presentation to investors recently. Part of his message was that ebay was no longer a "garage sale" He went on to say that 70% of items for sale on the site where now new items, with these products rapidly gaining share. It seems pretty obvious that the senior management of ebay have plans for the company which do not include small sellers of used goods. ( which includes me ) . We can grizzle all we like but I,m afraid they will just go on their merry way. It may all happen a lot quicker than some expect. The company is still experiencing double digit growth in sales and buyer subscriber numbers so the companies plans may work out for them. Pity about all the small sellers who will be left behind with ebay businesses that they have put time and effort into building. In my case I have two years ( and tens of thousands of $$$ ) worth of stock in storage that I cant sell anywhere else but ebay.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I sell used books.

A niche market that 'new' can't hope to cover, as a lot are out of print.

I'm certainly not alone.

If eBay decide to turf our types of listings, they will actually close that segment of the market. Which will snd us to the big river, whose attitude is no worse.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply