sellers who don,t deliver

purplesha52
Community Member

Hi All,

6 months ago I won and paid for and item,,through a problem with my computer I was unable to pay promptly or comunicate with seller but I did get it done after 10 days...when I got up and running I recieved abusive messages and to date I am still waiting for the return of my money.he  is sjij25 aka stewart johnson......the saddlery...

I have all the correspondence to prove it! I have reported him to the police as ebay has donr nothing about it!!!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: sellers who don,t deliver

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What exactly do you think ebay can do after 6 months?

If you paid with paypal you could have opened a dispute within 45 days of paying for your item

Why did you let it go past the 45 days? 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It looks like you'll never receive a refund. When you pay via Paypal you can open a dispute within 45 days. After 6 months nothing can be done unless you funded a Paypal payment with a credit card. In that case you can ask your bank to do a chargeback. Please remember in future that naming and shaming a seller is not permitted by ebay.

TCT
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

nothing ebay can do now

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

btw id self report about the name of the seller as it is against ebay rules and you can get a warning or be banned

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

There are some sellers on EBay who just don't give a damn about their customers and seems EBay don't have any interest in improving this either.

As a mostly buyer on EBay you would hope that most Sellers are trustworthy ( as buyers ) but that isn't always the case and once you have one bad transaction on EBay it makes you hesitant to trust any Seller.

There is one particular Seller with very large sales figures who's listings are false as far as location of items and delivery times and this has been reported to EBay and through Paypal claims multiple times , yet the Seller continues to sell on Ebay with the same fake product listings seemingly without penalty.

It just seems to me that EBay is more concerned with Sellers paying their fees on time rather than looking after the entire community including buyers. They need to remember that without buyers there would be no sellers.

I can't see why they don't adopt a system that is used on a large Chinese site where you pay the site for your goods and the Seller doesn't get any money until the item is received by the buyer and states they are happy with it. This avoids fraud and I have never had a problem from there but seems there are often problems with EBay.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thread should be called Buyer who have no idea

1-You aren't allowed to name & shame on these boards as its against ebay board posting policy

2-You have been an ebay member for about 2 & a half years but still have no idea what you're doing

3-Its VERY clear on your payment email from Paypal that you only have 45 days in which to open a dispute

4-If you paid via bank deposit,you were fully aware that there is no buyer protection,never has been & its states that clearly in the payment options

5-You state it took 10 days to pay because of a problem with your computer-presume you were in the jungles of Borneo when this happened as otherwise you could use library,friend or family members,internet cafe,mobile phone etc

6-Report to police all you like & use as many !!! as you like because at the end of the day,YOU are at fault here,not the seller

7-Police will most likely do nothing as you did nothing & didn't care for 6 MONTHS so must be VERY VERY small amount of money

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply