selling screwed

I can't believe the charges with selling on this site!. Let alone the stuff ups, rubbish communication and general sense of arrogance i get. Trying to make a decent buck on here is akin to paying protection money to a standover mechant! . Ebay fee's, paypal fee's, another Ebay company. I'm just waiting for them to start their own postal/delivery company. Then it will be a nice little monopoly and we then get screwed on all fronts ( as if oz post isn't bad enough ) Jeez, kinda like a cartel!. Time for a beer for this lowly peasent.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

selling screwed

It is getting a bit depressing but isn't PayPal breaking away from eBay?  I was reading some posts about it a couple of weeks back.

AP keeps getting more expensive but they are extremely reliable, for me anyway.

I've also had four attempts from buyers trying to open MBG claims in the past month.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

With the parting of ways, eBay will have to find other means since they can't skim off the profits from Paypal anymore. Smiley Indifferent

eBay UK has announced a fee change effective 2 April 2015 where the final value fee is rounded up. I wait with bated breath for ours to be announced....

http://tamebay.com/2015/03/ebay-fee-changes-effective-22nd-april-2015.html

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

@surfsunrise wrote:

I can't believe the charges with selling on this site!. Let alone the stuff ups, rubbish communication and general sense of arrogance i get. Trying to make a decent buck on here is akin to paying protection money to a standover mechant! . Ebay fee's, paypal fee's, another Ebay company. I'm just waiting for them to start their own postal/delivery company. Then it will be a nice little monopoly and we then get screwed on all fronts ( as if oz post isn't bad enough ) Jeez, kinda like a cartel!. Time for a beer for this lowly peasent.

And i cant believe more and more people are joining ebay as sellers Smiley Frustrated Robot surprised

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

If you had a retail store, you would have to pay rent, and an Eftpost terminal, which charges 5.8% or more.

You're onto a good thing. Why would they offer you an opportunity to instantly start your own business, for nothing?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

if you have a retail store, the buyer can't suddenly decide he hasn't received his purchase and get his money back. If you have a retail store, the buyer can't return the item 6 months later even if it's a second hand dress and get his money back. The buyer can't return an empty box and be refunded. Should I go on? I've read examples of all these scams happening recently on these boards.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

Agree with your points gemboy.

Nor in a BM scenario are you living with the threat of defects via a defective system via unknowing buyers (or sometimes difficult buyers) that could go towards restricting your business activity NO MATTER how good a seller you are.   

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

@thecatspjs wrote:

Agree with your points gemboy.

Nor in a BM scenario are you living with the threat of defects via a defective system via unknowing buyers (or sometimes difficult buyers) that could go towards restricting your business activity NO MATTER how good a seller you are.   

Also, in a B&M scenario, there's nowhere near the plethora of competition just a click away - nor the overwhelming presecence of the Asian Invasion - as there is here on ebay!

Having had a B&M shopfront in the past, I'm well aware that my customer service skills won out time and again over my competitors - even though most of their goods were priced below what I could afford to offer. Unfortunately, it's a little too hard to offer that same level of service here - until after a sale, when consumers have been coerced/cajoled/tempted into purchasing possibly the lowest-priced item available. By then however,  it's a matter of too little, too late.

In a B&M scenario, if a customer raised an issue with a purchase, we were able to sort the issues without too much trouble - as face to face encounters more often than not are able to be rectified easily.

On ebay? Just as easy, (sorry - that should read easier), to neg a seller and/or open a case against them, with little room for the seller to move.

Gotta love ebay!   NOT.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

exactly! if you had a retail store, you wouldn't pay for the buyer to return items to you, pay postage both ways just because they changed their mind?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

selling screwed

@bigpelican wrote:
exactly! if you had a retail store, you wouldn't pay for the buyer to return items to you, pay postage both ways just because they changed their mind?

Then get a defect for doing so.

Change of minds are being processed as items with defects as more buyers realise it is a way of getting seller to pay return post or even let them keep it and refund. As is often the case if item value to seller is not much more than shipping, especially if it potentially has a defect.

Buyer only needs to raise the question not show that it is so.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply