strange buyer not picking up the parcel from post office

Good day~

Last month I sold an item from my other ID, sent to the US.

Then about 2 weeks ago buyer opened a case, says parcel never arrived.

I checked the tracking, parcel did arrive her area long time ago and a notice was left at her place.

I replied politely with these information, thinking she would pick up the parcel soon.

Oddly, she became completely unresponsive after that, not a word from her for the past 2 weeks.

I tried to send more replies to the case, tried to send her an ebay message, an email, even tried to call her, all with no reply.

Even today parcel is still sitting at her post office.

Just wonder what would happen next?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: strange buyer not picking up the parcel from post office

cq_tech
Community Member
Is the case still open? Could be buyer's remorse and she no longer wants the item and is hoping it will be returned to you by the PO eventually if she doesn't pick it up.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Check her feedback left for others and see if she has a habit of claiming item not received and then getting a refund. The fact you have a tracking number, i.e proof of postage, you are covered in the event she tries to get a refund.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Mabye the buyer didn't get the pick-up-at-the-PO card. Just as I turned into my driveway yesterday something red caught my eye as I drove over the gutter. Parked the car, and walked the extra 10m to the road from my letter box to see what the red things was. It was an AP card to say a parcel was waiting at the PO. This particular card was not meant for me. No address and I didn't recognise the name. It must have blown out of the postie's bag as he zoomed along the street. I dropped it off at the local PO who checked and said it was still there waiting to be collected. As an aside, this card was for a registered item. Some cards are not and do not require a signature for pickup. It give a whole new perspective on security. Think about it next time you see the postie zooming along with the saddle bags open and flapping in the wind.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

If the buyer is in the US, they have probably opened a case via eBay, which handles things a little differently. I honestly don't know if you'd be covered in this case - eBay will basically refund the buyer unless you can prove delivery, but I don't know what happens if the item is essentially refused (i.e. not accepted / collected). 

Here's the details of eBay Buyer Protection: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#conditions1 , but I suspect you might actually get more relevant advice asking on the US forums, as the sellers there would have more knowledge about how to deal with cases like this, and/or what the likely outcome would be.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

emy876
Community Member
I had an Australian buyer refuse to pick up a parcel from Australia Post. The parcel was returned to me. Then the cow put in a dispute with PayPal & PayPal gave her a refund of all the charges - cost of the item & the post charges. I rang PayPal only to get an American bloke who told me that she was completely within her rights to refuse delivery & then totally within her rights to get all her money back. Just outrageous! My only comeback was to ban the buyer from buying from me again. I wish I could ban PayPal.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I would have been more upset if I didn't get the item back and they still got a refund. At least you could relist it.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The Americans seem to hate signature required delivery. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

same happened to me and the buyer even admitted they had gone on holiday forgot to pick it up, it got auto sent back by AP and the buyer put a claim in got all her money back including freight and even asked if she could buy it again! Er..no love you're blocked....She would also have been in her rights to leave neg but didnt thank god. Unfair? Just a tad.....

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Happened to me to. Buyer changed their mind about wanting it. It eventually was posted back to me unopened. The seller got 100% refund via paypal as it was not delivered. Proof of posting meant nothing. I lost $26 in postage and selling fees that ebay would not refund on as they said it was sold!? After complaining big time to paypal and ebay as it is a way to be conned by buyers and we are NOT protected by this, paypal refunded the postage as goodwill, ebay nothing. So good luck...
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply