templates not saving/overidiing?

Hmm.have saved a few templates but they aren't saving.When I ad a new template,it deletes the older one???

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you start by using a template, then save, that will over write the one you started with.

If you start a new listing and save, that will save a new template.

Also make sure you are using save as template, not just the save to complete later function.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe you've reached the limit?

No idea if that's so, as I use Turbolister. I'm pretty sure I can have as many as I want in there. Although I only use 4.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You can also use sell similar on a related item and just change the bits that are different.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The last three times I have used sell similiar... and altered the description... when I have gone back to look at item description, it has reverted to the previous one although it has saved the new photo and price???

This hasn't happened to me before, is this just a temporary ebay glitch?

It's a bit annoying as the description doesnt match the item (old description, new item, books so the condition varies) which could cause problems.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Using turbo lister is by far the easiest way to list items using a template. It is free to download and once you get it set up, it will save heaps of time.

Make sure you back up your database regularly though as glitches are not uncommon ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The last three times I have used sell similiar... and altered the description... when I have gone back to look at item description, it has reverted to the previous one although it has saved the new photo and price???

This hasn't happened to me before, is this just a temporary ebay glitch?

It's a bit annoying as the description doesnt match the item (old description, new item, books so the condition varies) which could cause problems.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Several times over the last week or so. Item specifics are blank even though I filled out all the ones provided and added a few extra, the previous description is displayed, and likewise, only the photos, title and price is updated for the new listing. Revising fixes it, but it's a PITA. :8} 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply