the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

We have started increasing our prices inline with our Chinese competitors of late. Their reason more to do with COVID postage delays and need to cover the increase in INR refunds.

Our competitors selling American made product hurting too ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 151 of 699
Latest reply

From USA

Sweetnam also made a very surprising admission - he's unfamiliar with eBay Managed Payments per-listing fee structure. "It was actually news to me recently about the difference in the "per item" vs "per transaction" fee. If you are selling 40 different postcards to one customer in the same transaction I agree it would seem odd for us to charge the per item on each one. I don't have the full history here, but will dig into it."

The statement above is from the US bossof eBay they are bringing in managed payments and they don't know how it works. God this is a disaster

Message 152 of 699
Latest reply

Old news. Can I assume you've posted this in the other managed payments thread, as well as the 2 in Powersellers? Considering that that is what you have previously done.

We generally don't need to be told twice (or 4 times), especially when it's conjecture on your part and seemingly not based in reality.

Message 153 of 699
Latest reply

hmmm, ive not listed anything for a couple of months now but i'm being 'invited' to get into this new thing asap.

i have only ever been a small time seller, not a store

it seems to me much like the carp ebay put onto my items i would have bought from overseas, the postage went up huge amounts, then suddenly i was charged (if i purchased) an import fee!

who buys anything from the USA these days unless they are super desperate?

of course americans are too stupid to realise sales from overseas have dried up because of these 'extras' ebay adds.

even when you contact a seller and tell them how much we are being asked to pay you get a glib reply, 'thats out of my control'

now we are being forced if we sell into this new system, which i believe will make money for ebay not me.

Message 154 of 699
Latest reply

What does it matter do you work for eBay

Message 155 of 699
Latest reply

Because spamming multiple topics across different forum sections with the same question makes it difficult to follow replies - it's much better to have information and replies consolidated within a single topic, and is more useful to others viewing it in the future.

No, he doesn't work work eBay, and neither to I.

Here's a complimentary question mark you may use to punctuate your next query:

?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 156 of 699
Latest reply

There are a lot of posts on this topic and I'm sorry if I haven't read one regarding my query but does anyone know how this new system with handle combined invoices for multiple purchases.

It seems to me that buyers have enough trouble now and ebay's only answer to my last sale with this problem was to advise me to send them an invoice through Paypal.

Will sellers be able to adjust the postage on combined purchases before the buyers have to pay?.

I know I'm not talking to ebay but all the official ebay notifications i have read don't seem to be very clear on how this will work.

Thanks

Margaret

Message 157 of 699
Latest reply

Not sure if this will help but I was always able to send buyers a combined total

IF I wasn't running any form of promotion ( like 20% off certain items ).

Once an automated promotion is running buyers can't request a total.

No explanation from eBay apart from 'that's the way it is'.

Our workaround was to get the buyer to message via each listing they

were interested in, we would send them an offer ( which could be any price ).

Once the buyer accepts an offer on more than one item you are able to

send a combined postage invoice.

I know it's a lot of mucking around but it worked.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 158 of 699
Latest reply

@puzzlem wrote:

There are a lot of posts on this topic and I'm sorry if I haven't read one regarding my query but does anyone know how this new system with handle combined invoices for multiple purchases.

It seems to me that buyers have enough trouble now and ebay's only answer to my last sale with this problem was to advise me to send them an invoice through Paypal.

Will sellers be able to adjust the postage on combined purchases before the buyers have to pay?.

I know I'm not talking to ebay but all the official ebay notifications i have read don't seem to be very clear on how this will work.

Thanks

Margaret

Theoretically, this should only change two things (in a functional sense, I mean) - how sellers are paid for their eBay sales, and the payment options available to buyers. 

In practice, that might be different, but it's hard to know for sure until sellers have started to be switched over. I'll be happy to answer any questions about what changes for me post July 20, as that's when I'll be migrated over to managed payments. 

Message 159 of 699
Latest reply

Thanks for the ? don't really need it

Message 160 of 699
Latest reply