toilet paper sales

I think ebay should cancel bull**bleep** accounts selling toilet paper and ban their ip address from joining up again

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: toilet paper sales

@wildhogs91 wrote:

I definitely agree with you,all toilet paper sales should be banned,but you see Ebay is profiting very highly from the sales so why would they them.

Given that almost all of the sales will result in NPBs and a seller will get their fees refunded for opening a case for same, all sellers are getting is their 15 minutes of fame on global media.

I doubt eBay is making a cent from these 'sales'.

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

I'm sure ebay will get sick of it and will start getting serious about it. Either that or they know it'll blow over soon enough.
Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

Rules for listings: We love that people can buy anything on eBay in times of need but we don't allow listings that attempt to capitalise on disaster or tragedy. Please ensure that your listings comply with eBay's policies.

Ebay taking the talk again but doing **bleep** all about it as usual, just like item location miss representation and other policy breaches.

Never any real action.

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

http://chng.it/jGX4V7DG

The same laws that exist in some states regarding ticket scalping should apply to toilet rolls, medicines  and hygiene products during pandemics . The state governments should act now but probably won’t.

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

Now all that nonsense on toilet paper auctions make sense. One listing that ended last night had a winning bid of $6,100. I laughed and thought it must have been a joke.

I've toilet paper being sold for $5 a sheet and one even had letterbox junk mail listed as toilet paper.

I've just come back from my local Aldi and they've plenty of toilet paper, tissues and paper towel. 

If you're one of the people that are paying ridiculous prices on eBay for toilet paper you're nuts.

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@danlisa20010 wrote:

I think ebay should cancel bull**bleep** accounts selling toilet paper and ban their ip address from joining up again

Take comfort in the knowledge that these "joke" listings means the "buyer" will never pay. A certain proportion of those sellers won't know to cancel the sale or open an unpaid item dispute. That means, the so called joke listings are going to end up being a very expensive joke for the sellers when they get their next invoice. 

Given there are a lot of new accounts bidding on these items, it leads me to believe they are new accounts created by the sellers. There would be some that would be hoping their listing hits the media, and they can have their 5 minutes of fame. The higher the bidding goes, the better chance they have of being the one mentioned on the news. 

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@danlisa20010 wrote:

Take comfort in the knowledge that these "joke" listings means the "buyer" will never pay. A certain proportion of those sellers won't know to cancel the sale or open an unpaid item dispute. That means, the so called joke listings are going to end up being a very expensive joke for the sellers when they get their next invoice. 

Given there are a lot of new accounts bidding on these items, it leads me to believe they are new accounts created by the sellers. There would be some that would be hoping their listing hits the media, and they can have their 5 minutes of fame. The higher the bidding goes, the better chance they have of being the one mentioned on the news. 

Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

State politicians need to make it illegal to re-sell hygiene products at excessive to market value during tragedies or pandemics. Selling platforms such as eBay and gumtree should be liable if they knowingly promote profiteering on items such as toilet roll and hand sanitizer. Implement laws similar to concert ticket scalping laws that currently exist in some states. Fines should vary depending on scale of operations. 

Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

So what do the staf at eBay Australia do all day?

Is it too much to expect them to be proactive and check listings themselves in light of the current situation?

Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

What staff in the ebay Australia office?

When have they ever done anything about listings.....that is all handled from the USA.

Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

Yes it is too much to expect.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

@spaghettijunction64 wrote:

State politicians need to make it illegal to re-sell hygiene products at excessive to market value during tragedies or pandemics. Selling platforms such as eBay and gumtree should be liable if they knowingly promote profiteering on items such as toilet roll and hand sanitizer. Implement laws similar to concert ticket scalping laws that currently exist in some states. Fines should vary depending on scale of operations. 

An absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 20 of 36
Latest reply