unexpected negative feedback & DSR from a buyer who is also a Top Seller

my seller account maintains 100% positive feedback with 4000+ points and a current Top seller

today i received a negative feedback from a buyer. he bought a keyboard with express postage. but didn't leave a colour choice (black or white). - the category is mobile accessories where colour option is ok.

I could despatch quickly without asking the colour but I did. the 2nd day he replied with a colour. the 3rd date he started to complaint why it took 2 days to post. (my driver pickup is 2pm). and I replied explaining color choice and driver pick up time etc 

today he left me a neg feedback 

"Paid for xpress took 2 days to post, arrived late, poor comms"

I also checked my DSR everyday. today someone left me 1 star on all criteria

then I had a look at his ID he's also a top seller in a completely unrelated category

He clearly understand how upset a seller would be to see something like this happens and still do it to the other seller.

I know how difficult to have a feedback revised especially from a person like him.. so there is really nothing i can do

after 14 hours a day it's already 2:16am it's a bit too much

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Ring ebay & ask them to look at the messages & see if they'll remove the neg.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

So glad to see your neg is gone.  Cheers.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

no it hasn't, i contacted him a few times he just ignores me

i also contact ebay this morning the support had a look and told me the feedback is valid and irremovable 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Did you pointed out that the reason why you posted when you did was because the buyer did not specified colour, and that you posted the same day the info was provided?  Did you put the buyer on your BBL now?

Call again and if you are not getting anywhere ask for supervisor; keep it cool, calm and friendly, remember you are asking them for a favour 🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Just a suggestion, but you could include a disclaimer like "Please inform us of your preferred colour by ebay message or leaving a note at checkout; otherwise default colour will be sent"

I have seen this on a lot of listings that offer colour choice, default colour is usually black.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

yes i have that reminder in red twice in every listing.

but around 1/4 buyers forget to leave a note.

eBays is taking forever to roll out colour option to my categories. because of that I can't use any software to automate order processing and have to reply tons of messages regarding colours.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I'd just do as patch suggests and send a default colour - I've done it myself on listings where buyers can select colours, including a custom mix, and I just put a note in there saying colours will be chosen randomly if the buyer doesn't let me know their choice. Still, I would probably also send a message and delay postage for 24 hours if they didn't make a choice, then send the default colour if no reply. 

That being said, express post is about how fast AP deliver it, not how fast you send it, so it's a bit much to get a neg like that whether the buyer is a seller or not. 😞 What's your handling time? If it's 2 days (or more) I would contact eBay again and point out that the item was posted within the stated handling time. 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I see no negative on your account. So I assume it is under a different ID.

Would be handy to know who the buyer was, as ones like that are often serial neggers.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I see no negative on your account. So I assume it is under a different ID.

Would be handy to know who the buyer was, as ones like that are often serial neggers.

my seller account maintains 100% positive feedback with 4000+ points and a current Top seller

First line of the OP. Assuming posters bother to read the OP

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply