unfair feedback caused by PO

Looking for help here, thanks in advance 

I received a neutral feedback in the morning and it is said "Horrible post but AusPost fault"

I have been working at my account for over a year and kept 100% positive feedback until this morning.

Posted the order on time even before the promoised date however it was mis-handled by PO and faultly sent to WA (Should be sent to VIC, a town just 20km away from Mel) 

We indicated the issue (Positively) and lodged the formal invetigation enquiry immediately and kept undate the buyer for the newest info. Order was placed 19th Fri, Jan, and posted on 20th SAT though we promisied to post at Mon, it was meaning to a fast delivery but failed, the item was finally delivered to PO Box at 2nd Feb after our unlimited calling. 

Offered buyer three times free express for his next three purchases already but still receive a neutral feedback after a month later 

Asked eBay's dedicated team to help us remove it while they won't, even they saw buyer has already said it is AusPost Fault.

Any help ot advice here? The 100 feedback means a lot to us!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: unfair feedback caused by PO

If you can't get the neutral removed, respond to it saying something like, "As you said, the problem was caused by Aust Post", just to reinforce what they said. I seriously doubt it'll stop people buying from you. I've had the odd negative from buyers who don't read listings properly or look closely at the pictures - all it did was increase my sales because buyers felt sorry for me. You'll probably notice that some of your buyers will go out of their way to leave extra nice feedback to help counteract the neutral.

You have to learn to live with the odd negative on ebay. Life isn't fair and ebay is no different. You just can't expect to get justice 100% of the time so you have to learn to cope when you don't.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

You will still have 100%.

It's only negs that reduce the percentage.

You could ask the buyer if they are prepared to revise their feedback considering it was an AP fault.

If it's on this ID I can't see any neuts. Perhaps it's been removed.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

The problem is that buyers blame the seller for ebay's and AP's faults and they shouldn't bloody do this as it's something that's out of the sellers control.

There should be a delete button to remove a negative or neutral feedback for this issue.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Call ebay and ask for a supervisor and tell them feedback is meant to be about the transaction and item and this feedback is about Aust Post and should be removed as it is nothing to do with the item or seller actions

And tracking shows it was posted on time and AP did the wrong thing. 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

If it's this ID, the neutral has been removed.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Next thing I'd be doing is adding that user's ID to your Blocked Bidders list.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@ivansnow19630wrote:

Offered buyer three times free express for his next three purchases already but still receive a neutral feedback after a month later 

That is well above and beyond the call of duty, and I probably wouldn't have offered them anything - if an order is urgent and the buyer is understanding, the most I would do is re-send the current order express, on the proviso that they RTS the original when it arrives (if the order value isn't too high, anyway, and / or I trust them without question, so usually only do that for regulars).

Let me put it this way, if I was the buyer in this situation, you would have received a glowing positive for the exceptional follow-up after AP's error, sure there would have been some inconvenience involved, maybe I was hoping to receive the order much more quickly and no offers or good customer service can change that, but from where I'm sitting it was around a 1 week delay - that's nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

The best thing you can do is work out what's fair and reasonable, and try not to over-compensate for what are relatively common and minor occurences, as that can make the issue seem much larger than it is, with the buyer thinking these offers deserved somehow - just provide assistance and reassure buyers that options will be available if needed. 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for your help, that neutral feedback is at my main account not this one. I have tried a lot of times to explain to buyer but still no work out. 

The neutral feedback would somehow affect other potential buyers and hurt my small business..

Have to beg eBay again, pooooor me.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply , Probablly won't see that option in next ten years.. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply, I did this first thing in the morning (Not call but eBay chat), obviously that recepition at appeals team is not at good mood and asked me to work with buyer instead of ask them as they won't remove it. 

I will have to try call them if nothing changed, feedback means a lot to me

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply