watermarking?

Hi oh wise ones ๐Ÿ™‚

Just wondering can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to get the store name down the side of the picture. However am unsure if I am doing it right have gone in and clicked watermarking or camera picture icon or both on most BIN's however so far nothing is showing. Is this because I am using stock pictures?

Have seen company names down the side of sock pictures before and assumed it was watermarking

Cheers for any help

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: watermarking?

The sellers names ARE there in the search results. If they aren't showing for you, then you haven't selected to see them in the options.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

We live and learn... OK I must be doing something wrong as I can see nowhere to select that option

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Here is a screen shot of your listings. As you can see, the seller name is there (yours).

seller name.jpg

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Hi Tippy,

Yep I see it and that is how mine used to look. But somehow (prolly like someone said ebay) mine no longer display the sellers name. The only names ATM that are displayed are the big sellers like Big W Target ect. I had a look in the refinment section down the side but can not see anywhere to change it so the sellers display again. Sorry to sound like a newb but any help locationg where would be great

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Without bothering to sign in on my other ID, I'm pretty sure it's up the top right corner, just above the listings. It's probably just underneath where you choose gallery or list view. If you're not signed in they won't show either.
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Cheers thanks Englishrose I was looking in the wrong spot. ๐Ÿ™‚ Much appreciated

Many thanks to everyone else who also took the time to try to help out.

BUT now I wonder if ebay changes it back to not being able to see the seller how many people know how to rectify it so they can see ๐Ÿ™‚ anyway I think I will travel with the no watermark for now and see how it goes thanks guys

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

I wouldn't rely on too many buyers knowing how to change it! Yes, a lot would, but a lot wouldn't. I've lost count of the number of buyers who've said they don't know how to find my sold or completed items, and lots of other things that they don't have a clue about.
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks english ya couldnt leave it alone could ya lol  now you have me wondering if I should worry about it.

I guess the problem is if using ebay catalogue pics and to stay within ebay policy yet still ensure people know its your picture whether they have the seller showing or not. so maybe this post should have said any ideas on how to do this ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Smiley LOL  Let's hope all your buyers are intelligent.

If you sell the same thing more than once (so that the pictures are used more than once) it might be worth doing your own pictures and adding your name to them.  It's extra work but you'd get pretty good at it after a while.  I believe there's a few watermarking programs around but I've never used them and I don't like to see watermarks across pictures where they block some of the details.  Your idea of having your name down one side is much better.

The others may shoot me down in flames (and I mean rightly so) but perhaps having your name beside the picture rather than on it isn't considered watermarking.  You could try googling for information on that.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Maybe don't sweat the small stuff.

Accurate listings, adequate descriptions, reasonable prices will trump watermarks any day.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply