watermarking?

Hi oh wise ones 🙂

Just wondering can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to get the store name down the side of the picture. However am unsure if I am doing it right have gone in and clicked watermarking or camera picture icon or both on most BIN's however so far nothing is showing. Is this because I am using stock pictures?

Have seen company names down the side of sock pictures before and assumed it was watermarking

Cheers for any help

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

watermarking?

unsure but dont think you can use a stock photo and call it your own

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

yeah that.gif Try importing them into paint and add the store name

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

@dale1000000 wrote:

have gone in and clicked watermarking or camera picture icon or both on most BIN's

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting that correctlty, but just to clarify, are you trying to use eBay's watermarking option on existing listings?

If so, though I'm not 100% sure but I think it only happens on upload (I've never used it myself, so can't say from experience), so it should work on any new listings you create, but I'm guessing you would have to re-upload images on existing listings for it to take effect on those. 

If that's not it, then unfortunately I don't know what might be the right fix, other than to add your own prior to upload as suggested above. 

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

my answer is the same as bsal's.

You don't own the pics, so why do you feel a need/right to watermark them? In fact the pic owner could probably sue you if you DID claim them as your own by watermarking.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

@dale1000000 wrote:

Hi oh wise ones 🙂

Just wondering can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong.

I am trying to get the store name down the side of the picture. However am unsure if I am doing it right have gone in and clicked watermarking or camera picture icon or both on most BIN's however so far nothing is showing. Is this because I am using stock pictures?

Have seen company names down the side of sock pictures before and assumed it was watermarking

Cheers for any help

Just took a look at the listings, just to see what images you're using - when you said "stock images" I assumed it was a general reference because I basically refer to most of my own pics as stock images, (which is what they are 😄 and 99% of them were taken by me), but I see your DVD listings use eBay's catalogue images - I don't think you can actually watermark those at all. Any you took and upload, you should be able to, but eBay's catalogue images will load into the listing as is, as far as I know. The other sellers may have used their own stock images rather than eBay'a catalogue ones, but again I wouldn't know for sure because I don't use eBay's watermarking feature or their stock images. 

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

Hey guys thanks for the replys so far. I should add its not to "claim them" or mark them as mine its more a way to allow people to see its my listing by looking at the picture. One thing I notice with new items is alot of people use theebay catalogue picture however with say 12 people using it I figured a mark is a way to allow buyers that have dealt with me before see its one of my listings

cheers

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

They can do that by looking at the name of the seller next to the listing.

Yours, for your listings. If they don't notice that, they are unlikely to notice a watermark.

Or, if they've dealt with you before, they would know, even without the door, that you have a shop they can browse.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

Hi Dave thanks for the reply but it seems ebay have done away with the sellers name next to the listing these days. I thought it was just me I thought there used to be the sellers name there.

If you pick an item say project x DVD and click to show only new items a list of say 93 new project x dvd's appears however unless u click on the image you have no way of knowing WHO's listing it is.

However with a name up the side you would at a glance.

Hope that makes my intentions clearer

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

watermarking?

@dale1000000 wrote:

Hi Dave thanks for the reply but it seems ebay have done away with the sellers name next to the listing these days. I thought it was just me I thought there used to be the sellers name there.

It's an optional extra in preferences when people customise their search results - I always set my searches to show seller info, but eBay will occasionally return my settings to default, so it's likely a lot of people don't bother changing them back. 

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply