what can you do if someone doesn't pay you

What can be done to a buyer if they do not pay the seller.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: what can you do if someone doesn't pay you

4 days after sale date the seller can open an unpaid item case.

That gives the buyer a further 4 days to pay.

If they don't, the seller can then close the case and the buyer gets a strike on their account.

2 or more strikes they cannot bid or buy from anyone with blocks set up.

The seller gets their fee credited back and is free to relist.

Once an unpaid item case has been closed, either party cannot leave feedback.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

And add them to your blocked bidder list so they don't pull the same stunt on you again

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Take out an unpaid item dispute,   get your fees back,  block the buyer,  ebay gives him a strike, and you move on.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

15 year member.

1700 fb as a seller

Leaves false positive fb

smh

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Oh dear.

dllewis - false postive feedback is not allowed and you could be sanctioned.

image host
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@dllewis45 wrote:

What can be done to a buyer if they do not pay the seller.

You could tie them up and tickle their bare feet with a feather.

You could write their username across three slices of bread with tomato sauce, then feed pieces of the bread to some local ducks.

Or you could follow the reporting process suggested by others and sell the item to someone else.

But leaving a negatvie comment about the buyer under a positive rating is not allowed.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Well it is so frustrating and time consuming when twits buy and don't pay.  AND you can do nothing to warn others.

Also I am aware that it takes more then 2 unpaid item strikes to block buyer from buying on ebay.   Serial offender in space of 1 month owed at least 4 different sellers money including myself. But just kept bidding.  Yes blocked but too late by then.  Bring back sellers rights to warn others.  That is what really irritates me they seem to get away with it more often than not.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@deepcreek45 wrote: 

Well it is so frustrating and time consuming when twits buy and don't pay.  AND you can do nothing to warn others.

Also I am aware that it takes more then 2 unpaid item strikes to block buyer from buying on ebay.   Serial offender in space of 1 month owed at least 4 different sellers money including myself. But just kept bidding.  Yes blocked but too late by then.  Bring back sellers rights to warn others.  That is what really irritates me they seem to get away with it more often than not.

The system that eBay now has in place works far better than negs for buyers - buyers negs will not work for stopping NPBs unless all your items are BIN with immediate payment required. I see that you run auctions, how are you going to stop a buyer with negs from bidding in the last few seconds of an auction ?????

The other problem with negs for buyers was that sellers would inevitably get a retaliatory neg from the "buyer".........

If ALL sellers followed through with NPBs and had their blocks in place, there would be very few serial non-payers able to bid / buy.

BTW it's 2 strikes or more, not more than 2 strikes in 12 months.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply