when I combine postage and credit my buyer - do I get a credit with shipping fee?

vel0710
Community Member

hi im selling -and offered combined postage only fair

my last two buyers have been unable to find the continue shopping button that used to be on the pay screen.

so they pay full price for there 2nd item inc another post - i credit (same day)

but i noticed i stll get charged on the orginal postage by ebay - how do i get a credit on that?

it would seem easy for ebay to spot a combined postage charge as they change the sellers wall to reflect no postage charged once the credit has gone thru paypal.

thoughts - have i set up my shop correctly?

thanks c

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

when I combine postage and credit my buyer - do I get a credit with shipping fee?

eBay seems to have limited buyer option as far as asking for combined purchases and invoicing for same.

They suggest using postage rules for multiple purchases, which can work as long as immediate payment hasn't been forced on the seller's account (it is random). For me, postage rules won't work. My goods don't lend themselves to hard and fast rules.

Allegedly you can ring eBay and get the additional fees credited - they certainly know you have refunded if the payment and refund were through Paypal.

I simply refund less the extra fees eBay take. I don't have the time or patience to ring eBay every other day to get a refund of $1. After all, there is nothing stopping a buyer from contacting the seller if they find they are being charged multiple postage fees.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If you call eBay they will refund the fees on your refunded amount.

However you can only do one per phone call & a maximum of three per month.

Obviously eBay like the extra fees and make it as difficult as possible to minimise their refunds.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I'm glad you told us that because I've been feeling guilty for not ringing them and claiming my fees back. I felt it probably wasn't worth the time it'd take. If I had to make a phone call for each refund (worth around 26c) then it's definitely not worth it - unless I did it just to annoy them, but three a month isn't going to do that.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply