why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

Hi , why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers decide upgrade to express post ?

I sold it for $259.99 with free regular shipping , My Final Valve fee was $28.31 But the buyer wanted an upgrade to express shipping so i changed him $13.00 shipping cost . The actual shipping costs of the express shipping was $15.90 , that is an lost of $2.90 straight off the bat .

So this is my question WHY IS EBAY charging me additional 10% $1.42 for my Express shipping , Im not making money out of it , so should EBAY ?????????????

uHoo: Most Advanced Indoor Air Toxin Sensor ** 8 Different Sensors in this 
Final price: AU $259.99 (Fixed Price)
19225271835209-Aug-17 20:43:23 AESTFinal Value feeAU $28.31

ArticleID: E; Service: eBay Australia Post Express Post; Postage: $12.95; Signature: $2.95; Insurance: $0.00
19225271835211-Aug-17 14:36:37 AESTAustralia Post shipping feeAU $15.90

Postage, handling and other related costs: AU $13.00 (Fixed Price)
19225271835210-Aug-17 01:34:03 AESTFinal Value Fee on ShippingAU $1.42
Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Re: why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buye

im happy to tell anyone who i am where i live and what i sell and how much , i have nothing to hide , as i show one of my accounts 

Message 51 of 102
Latest reply

Re: why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buye

@customalarmsandcameras wrote:

im happy to tell anyone who i am where i live and what i sell and how much , i have nothing to hide , as i show one of my accounts 

Only one? So you have others? So what are you hiding?

I also show one of my accounts. The selling ones I don't use on the boards because of the possibility of malicious buyers. Suffice to say I have been a member for less time than you and sell about twice as much. And also understand the rules and requirements of selling on this site, something all sellers should be cognisant of.

Message 52 of 102
Latest reply

If you post any details on the baords such as name and address it will be removed as it is a posting violation.

If you tell us what you sell and the price you will also find it removed as it is an offense to promote your items on the boards.

So what is the difference between you posting here with one of your accounts and the rest of us also posting with one of our accounts?

My only other account has very little feedback because it is used mainly by my husband who does not buy much on ebay.  If I used that to post here then you would be quite right to think that I have very little experience.

Message 53 of 102
Latest reply

Ah lyndal, but you don't count 'cos you don't have a pretty little platinum badge............hahahaha.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 54 of 102
Latest reply

Aimed at nobody in particular...

I am soooooo tired of seeing this same old argument about posting IDs that I really don't know why anyone bothers to argue with people who think that people don't count if they don't use their selling ID.  The words head banging and brick wall come to mind.

Message 55 of 102
Latest reply

And buyers accounts don't count either....even when some buyers have more trading experience than a lot of sellers and know how the system works.

Message 56 of 102
Latest reply

How they can tell the difference between a seller who knows what they're talking about and a seller who doesn't is beyond me, when they can't even find the help section of the site to find out how the fees are calculated. I would have thought the first thing a seller (potential or otherwise) would want to know is what it'll cost them to sell here. There are many, many sellers on ebay who have wonderful feedback and thousands of them, but they haven't got a clue what fees they're paying.
Message 57 of 102
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You have missed the boat....when ebay first levied the fees on postage many sellers contacted every authority they could think of.

They had no success because ebay was doing nothing illegal.

There is no point wasting time and energy going over the same ground.  Accept the ebay terms and sell here....or don't accept their terms and stop selling.  Your choice...but stop being rude to the responders who have tried to help you understand where you are wrong in your assumptions.

So now I pay GST on the postage twice? I went awol in the GST crisis (I'm not in the army) 

Do sellers selling into Australia pay the GST? Or is it just me paying thier far share.

Message 58 of 102
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Do sellers selling into Australia pay the GST? Or is it just me paying thier far share.

No, you are not paying GST twice. If you charge $8 for postage, if fees were 10% you'd be paying 80c in fees. Of that 80c, you will pay GST on that, the fees, which would be 8c. You are only paying GST on the FEES, not on postage or selling cost.

Message 59 of 102
Latest reply

davewil1964 

If you think the Question is wrong or dumb or just both ! ( as I Admit my question was a bit dumb and worded very badly ) 

Why do you feel the need to answer it ? 

Why do you feel the need to answer with hate ? 

See if it was me and i thought the question was worng and dumb ! I just would not comment on it 

And sorry i dont understand why you feel the need to post under a buying account instead of a selling account .

If you were nice to people there would be less possibility of malicious buyers , And then you could post under one of your selling accounts 

Message 60 of 102
Latest reply