why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

Hi , why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers decide upgrade to express post ?

I sold it for $259.99 with free regular shipping , My Final Valve fee was $28.31 But the buyer wanted an upgrade to express shipping so i changed him $13.00 shipping cost . The actual shipping costs of the express shipping was $15.90 , that is an lost of $2.90 straight off the bat .

So this is my question WHY IS EBAY charging me additional 10% $1.42 for my Express shipping , Im not making money out of it , so should EBAY ?????????????

uHoo: Most Advanced Indoor Air Toxin Sensor ** 8 Different Sensors in this 
Final price: AU $259.99 (Fixed Price)
19225271835209-Aug-17 20:43:23 AESTFinal Value feeAU $28.31

ArticleID: E; Service: eBay Australia Post Express Post; Postage: $12.95; Signature: $2.95; Insurance: $0.00
19225271835211-Aug-17 14:36:37 AESTAustralia Post shipping feeAU $15.90

Postage, handling and other related costs: AU $13.00 (Fixed Price)
19225271835210-Aug-17 01:34:03 AESTFinal Value Fee on ShippingAU $1.42
Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

Has anyone ever heard the expression "cracked record"?
Message 91 of 102
Latest reply

Broken record where I come from. 😄

Related image

Message 92 of 102
Latest reply

No, a broken record won't play at all. A cracked record jumps and repeats the same small portion over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
Message 93 of 102
Latest reply

Your question was neither right  nor wrong - it was simply a question.  There is a possibility though that your calculations may have bee nincorrect

To determine whether  you really are being slugged 20% in fees  we would need to know the following: (something  you have already been asked by another member)

What was the standard postage you had already included in the item price? Was the cost of express postage more than $13 more than that?

Without that information there is not much anyone can do to advise you.

Message 94 of 102
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
No, a broken record won't play at all. A cracked record jumps and repeats the same small portion over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

ERRR.................. Sorry to be pedantic............... actually I,m not really sorry,......... BUT......... I have never seen a cracked record in my life. They are made of fairly brittle material which breaks clean, rather than cracks.........I think the correct analogy would be a scratched record, as this is what causes a record to repeat on and on and on as the needle follows the scratch, back into the same repetative groove.......on and on and on and on and........

Message 95 of 102
Latest reply

I've seen a cracked record - I had it leaning against the sofa and my sister moved the sofa and didn't see the record and it ended up with a rather large crack in it. Amazingly, it still played normally! Other than that, yes, you are 100% correct about scratched records jumping.
Message 96 of 102
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

ERRR.................. Sorry to be pedantic............... actually I,m not really sorry,......... BUT......... I have never seen a cracked record in my life. They are made of fairly brittle material which breaks clean, rather than cracks.........I think the correct analogy would be a scratched record, as this is what causes a record to repeat on and on and on as the needle follows the scratch, back into the same repetative groove.......on and on and on and on and........

I saw this post and got all excited, because it mixes two areas where I'm generally in my element. 1) words and/or phrases, and 2) pedantry. Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL 

woo hoo

I've actually only ever heard the phrase 'broken record', but in that context (eg "quit carrying on like a broken record"), broken specifically means scratched, so is still correct (i.e. broken doesn't necessarily mean "into separate pieces", and can simply mean an item is damaged to the point where it doesn't function they way it's meant to). 

Message 97 of 102
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

I saw this post and got all excited, because it mixes two areas where I'm generally in my element. 1) words and/or phrases, and 2) pedantry. Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL 

woo hoo

I've actually only ever heard the phrase 'broken record', but in that context (eg "quit carrying on like a broken record"), broken specifically means scratched, so is still correct (i.e. broken doesn't necessarily mean "into separate pieces", and can simply mean an item is damaged to the point where it doesn't function they way it's meant to). 

Hi Digi, has anyone ever told you you need to get out more    ? .........Smiley Very Happy......

Message 98 of 102
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Hi Digi, has anyone ever told you you need to get out more    ? .........Smiley Very Happy......

Only when they start to realise I know more than they do... Smiley Tongue

Spoiler
Also, my first paragraph was intended to poke enough fun at myself that no one else would feel the need to. 

Dang it, failed again. Smiley LOL
Message 99 of 102
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 100 of 102
Latest reply