why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

Hi , why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers decide upgrade to express post ?

I sold it for $259.99 with free regular shipping , My Final Valve fee was $28.31 But the buyer wanted an upgrade to express shipping so i changed him $13.00 shipping cost . The actual shipping costs of the express shipping was $15.90 , that is an lost of $2.90 straight off the bat .

So this is my question WHY IS EBAY charging me additional 10% $1.42 for my Express shipping , Im not making money out of it , so should EBAY ?????????????

uHoo: Most Advanced Indoor Air Toxin Sensor ** 8 Different Sensors in this 
Final price: AU $259.99 (Fixed Price)
19225271835209-Aug-17 20:43:23 AESTFinal Value feeAU $28.31

ArticleID: E; Service: eBay Australia Post Express Post; Postage: $12.95; Signature: $2.95; Insurance: $0.00
19225271835211-Aug-17 14:36:37 AESTAustralia Post shipping feeAU $15.90

Postage, handling and other related costs: AU $13.00 (Fixed Price)
19225271835210-Aug-17 01:34:03 AESTFinal Value Fee on ShippingAU $1.42
Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

You will need to ask eBay about it. I have some positions in my payments where fees seem to be 11%, not 7.2% as per my store package. Acutally most  items are charged close to 9% in fees while they should accure  7.2%. charge in fees. However some are still 7.2%

There are three tiers for fees for each subscription but  the cheapest one is for items over $250 which I do not have. Other two tiers depend on categories. All my items are listed within the same gcategoires so there should not be any difference in fees.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/about-store-packages

I would not think they are ripping you off on purpose but eBay is full of bugs and it is possible that they have forgotten to change something and you are just being charged incorrectly becuase of some bug.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 11 of 102
Latest reply

@customalarmsandcameras wrote:

but I still don't think that they need to take 9.9 % additional for express posting ! 

It is only the final value fee on the postage...why don't you think they should take the final value fee just because it is express postage?
Message 12 of 102
Latest reply

@customalarmsandcameras wrote:

Sorry if you couldn't work it out for yourself ! It was CLEAR AS DAY what I was saying !

I wanted opinion ,  but I want the opinion from a real seller that actually sold PRODUCT .

You are right on some of your points , like my maths ! but I still don't think that they need to take 9.9 % additional for express posting ! 

I would like to hear from someone that sell more than $2.00 a month or actually sells anything to get there opinion 

Thanks 

As Lyndal said.

My information is correct, so the amount I have sold (many thousand) is irrelevant.

I notice you didn't clarify whether or not you discounted the express postage by the amount you had already charged the buyer for standard postage. If not, you would be in front on postage, even after eBay's fees. Which are charged on the total amount you charge the buyer, regardless of what it is for.

Message 13 of 102
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I notice you didn't clarify whether or not you discounted the express postage by the amount you had already charged the buyer for standard postage. If not, you would be in front on postage, even after eBay's fees. Which are charged on the total amount you charge the buyer, regardless of what it is for.

I have read the OP intinail post again and it seems that they have just added extra for express postage. Iff that's the case and you kind of see it in their billing  it does not look like they have been overcharged at all. They have paid fees from the item price with poistage included in it and when they added extra $13 for express they have been charged fees on it to. I cannot see anything wrong with it now.

I also think they have made a mistake saying their item is $259.99. If you click on the link in their message it looks like it is actually 359.99 or $100 more.  So they have only  paid $29.73 in fees from total of $372,99($359.99+$13).

It is nowhere 20%. It  is only 7.9% in fees in total.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 14 of 102
Latest reply

Thanks but i hoping to get some  advice from someone that sells more than 16 items per month as my ebays fees are in hundreds of dollars not hundred of cents .

Message 15 of 102
Latest reply

Dont don't worry I'm leaving ebay very soon ! IM OVER IT ! you will have it ALL to your self ! 

I just remember ebay is the good old days !

I don't give a **bleep** how you Wanna put it ! I just don't think that you should or need to pay final value fee on shipping ! 

Ebay only brought in a final Valve fee on shipping because there were some rogue sellers out there that were Breaking the rules ! 

Why should i have to put my PRICES up !  To Cover ebay rule ! THE ANSWER TO THIS IS ! I DONT / SHOULDNT  have too ! 

YES I ANSWERD IT FOR YOU !  

Message 16 of 102
Latest reply

I don't know why you came here.    You're obviously not taking notice of anybody.

Lyndal is not a seller, but she has more knowledge than you, it seems.

You only have a fb of 16 yourself, so, hundreds of dollars in fees????

Instead of getting narky with people who are trying to answer you, I suggest you call ebay and ask them

Message 17 of 102
Latest reply

this is coming from 2 sells per month ! thanks mate Great advice

Message 18 of 102
Latest reply

Showing your ignorance again. Most regulars here have many eBay accounts.

You can have 8 eBay accounts linked to one Paypal account.

And name calling, grow up.

image host
Message 19 of 102
Latest reply

Gee, I'm glad I didn't post a message.....

Spoiler
Fees on postage have been in for 3 or 4 years now, not sure where you've been. Oh, making 100's of $$ a month from your handful of sales. Silly me.
Spoiler
Abusing other members because you don't like the answer is very childish.
Spoiler
Get a calculator
Message 20 of 102
Latest reply