why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

Hi , why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers decide upgrade to express post ?

I sold it for $259.99 with free regular shipping , My Final Valve fee was $28.31 But the buyer wanted an upgrade to express shipping so i changed him $13.00 shipping cost . The actual shipping costs of the express shipping was $15.90 , that is an lost of $2.90 straight off the bat .

So this is my question WHY IS EBAY charging me additional 10% $1.42 for my Express shipping , Im not making money out of it , so should EBAY ?????????????

uHoo: Most Advanced Indoor Air Toxin Sensor ** 8 Different Sensors in this 
Final price: AU $259.99 (Fixed Price)
19225271835209-Aug-17 20:43:23 AESTFinal Value feeAU $28.31

ArticleID: E; Service: eBay Australia Post Express Post; Postage: $12.95; Signature: $2.95; Insurance: $0.00
19225271835211-Aug-17 14:36:37 AESTAustralia Post shipping feeAU $15.90

Postage, handling and other related costs: AU $13.00 (Fixed Price)
19225271835210-Aug-17 01:34:03 AESTFinal Value Fee on ShippingAU $1.42
Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

@customalarmsandcameras wrote:

this is coming from 2 sells per month ! thanks mate Great advice

I'm not your mate, and this is strictly a buying/posting account.

My advice is sound......call ebay for your answer if you don't like the ones here.

Message 21 of 102
Latest reply

Yes yes  i much only have one account  , do you feel better now ? 

You are the best ! 

Wasnt looking for A lady fight ! 

I was looking for some guidance from the platinum seller , not secondhand seller ! 

Not sure why you had to change my post as shi# is really not a bad word , so i read dont know who you people are but you sure do LOVE ebay and LOVE ebay FEES ! 

Happy to take SCREEN shot of my fees just to make you feel little ! but dont worry you still will have your BIG WORDS to happy people feel bad ! 

any way like i was saying im OVER EBAY ! you can have Ebay all to your SELF ! 

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dont don't worry I'm leaving ebay very soon ! IM OVER IT ! you will have it ALL to your self ! 

I just remember ebay is the good old days !

I don't give a **bleep** how you Wanna put it ! I just don't think that you should or need to pay final value fee on shipping ! 

Ebay only brought in a final Valve fee on shipping because there were some rogue sellers out there that were Breaking the rules ! 

Why should i have to put my PRICES up !  To Cover ebay **bleep**ty rule ! THE ANSWER TO THIS IS ! I DONT / SHOULDNT  have too ! 

YES I ANSWERD IT FOR YOU !  MUPPET 

Message 22 of 102
Latest reply

what are you scared off ? 

If your advice is  sound ! why dont you show me how you are ? 

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE ! 

ALL I KNOW IS THAT YOU ARE VERY VERY SCARED ! OF SHOWING WHO YOU ARE ! BUT YOU WANT TO BE NASTY ! DONT WANT TO SHOW ME WHO YOU ARE ! 

WHY ???? I CANT HURT YOU ! 

Message 23 of 102
Latest reply

OP, all you have to do is go to your Seller Account, choose an invoice for which month you would like to view, scroll down the invoice and it will give you a pie chart of your fees as a percentage of sales.

The August invoice won't close until the end of the month, but at the beginning of September you can check back on August.

My fees are vary between 10.5% and 11.5% depending on the month.

I haven't read through every response, but 10% of the sale price and 10% of postage does not make 20%, it makes 10% of the WHOLE transaction.

Message 24 of 102
Latest reply

I doub't many sellers would disagree that eBay charging a fee on postage is not fair given eBay does not do anything with the majority of shipping options to justify a fee.  It has been this way for several years and we all huffed and puffed when it was introduced. Most sellers have reluctantly accepted the fee as part of doing business on eBay. Despite not liking the fee and thinking it unfair, we live with it as we know that eBay remains the only viable on-line selling platform for many of us.  If it not viable for you and you have other options, then more power to you.  I wish you well elsewhere.

Message 25 of 102
Latest reply

Thanks for a REAL comment !

I doub't many sellers would disagree that eBay charging a fee on postage is not fair given eBay does not do anything with the majority of shipping options to justify a fee.  It has been this way for several years and we all huffed and puffed when it was introduced. Most sellers have reluctantly accepted the fee as part of doing business on eBay. Despite not liking the fee and thinking it unfair, we live with it as we know that eBay remains the only viable on-line selling platform for many of us.  If it not viable for you and you have other options, then more power to you.  I wish you well elsewhere.

Message 26 of 102
Latest reply

You don't happen to sell paint or cheap Chinese electronics do you? Refurbished car parts?

Message 27 of 102
Latest reply

You really do have to wonder,  who some of these people are ! and what there game is ! and what is there mental capacity !

If they want to answer my Dumb question ! Why ? Dont you show your self ? WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF ?????????????

All i want was an Civil answer from a platinum seller ! NOTHING MORE ! 

Message 28 of 102
Latest reply

Then behave in a civil manner.

image host
Message 29 of 102
Latest reply

Most members that have posted on this thread know each other very well so they know who they are lol.

There is no such thing as being charged 20% for any fees on ebay so if you know that you're an intelligent person then why do you think this?

Ebay is a very scary place so that's why I'm scared.

Message 30 of 102
Latest reply